Crank to Sump Clearance

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Alan Whitaker

Hi All
I have just been doing a search for the clearance from the crank to the sump, nothing on this.

I am starting to fab my drysump pan and wanted to know how much the crank sticks out / down from the block. I was hoping I could do a shallow pan of about 40mm.

Many Thanks

Alan

Thanks guys, if I can ge away with a 40mm sump that would be great, the only place I can fit the pump is on the sump pan, no room to fit at the side on the block.
Some one might have a picture of the block with the sump off.

Alan

Alan, Bill Dailey told me one time that he'd done one of his dry sump + oil pump setups for TRD to use in preparing an "unnamed" Toyota V8 for one of the race series here in the US.

It might be that he has a dry sump setup ready to go, and if so, it'll be cleaner and better engineered than anyone else's.

Hi
I looked at his site but found no links to a 1uz set up, I have all the bits pump , flange, tank is fitted and lines are in, most of the parts are cut out , just ready to start welding, the only thing I am stuck with is how to fit the drive pully to the crank drive pully, I have looked world wide fot a new pully

Alan

I just reviewed some old emails, and he said he had done it for TRD, but for their custom front cover, not the stock front timing cover. It would require a bit of rework to do it for the stock cover. This was back in 2010, but I didn't correspond with him anymore about it.

Have just found that Ross down under do a replacement harmonic ballancer that takes a nose drive, what are people doing to fit superchargers, there must be something out there that will drive the dry sump pump from the ballancer

Alan