Crank Position Sensor Help! Code 13

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I am moving this to diagnostic section. Its pretty easy. You go under your car and look up. The sensor is right next to the crank. It stablized by two screws. You can replace it and it would take about 5 minutes.

Thanks, i had this in that section (forgot about it) and then relized it was there, sorry about that!

I thank you for the reply.

isnt there more though? on the distributors?

Attachments

• adams wheels2.jpg
    adams wheels2.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 12
No... that is cam sensors... there are two on the distributor... Crank sensor is on your left hand side of the crank. Its a black L shape with a plug. You can not miss it.

Oh, weird, where i was looking showed me i had 3 (although it only made sense if i had 1)

and crank position sensor directly ties into the code 13 rpm signal?

could it be ANYTHING else?

I had a bad connector in the ECM plug that tripped a code 13, was a real hassle to find since it would work fine for awhile.
Had to push my car back down my street one morning, that sucked.

Timing

It could also be your cam timing is out if you have changed the belt or have crook tensioner it will give code 13 as well.
have also had problems with the wiring loom that runs from either side of injector no 1 and down behind the LH cam cover the heat gets to this loom and it starts to break down.
It is very rare for the actual sensor to die.
oz

You can view the ECU pinout(plug configuration) on another page within this very site, thanks to Lextreme!
I was able to do this and then go outside and jump the circuit by baring the wire near the plug for testing purposes.
I later soldered and heat shrunk the connection back again after I figured it out.The connector had lost it's "spring-action" inside.

Thanks lex for the pdf file. I've checked all my sensors and everything is within specs. I've had the CEL 13 for 2 weeks now and I'm sad that I can't drive my car because it hesitate like crazy at higher speed with a light load on the motor. :( So I guess my last option is to replace my ecu. Today I got another code which is CEL 15 :(.

From the pdf file I got from the home page of Lextreme. It says its related to the RPM circuit #2 and Ignition #2. So that means its on the right side where its having the problem right? I checked everything on the right side, coil, & replaced caps, rotors, & plugs. And everything is good. I usually get stucked, take a step back, come back and fix the problem. It looks like I won't be able to do with my car. sigh Anything else I'm missing guys? Thanks I learned a lot just being on this site haha

its been covered many times

code 13 also means yr timing belt is on wrong

ive had to fix about 5 stuff ups from other people as its easy to put belt on wrong

there is a way to fix the belt being out a tooth or more without pulling the front of engine apart

its been covered many times

code 13 also means yr timing belt is on wrong

ive had to fix about 5 stuff ups from other people as its easy to put belt on wrong

there is a way to fix the belt being out a tooth or more without pulling the front of engine apart
Yes I've searched and read about the timing belt also. Otherwise I woulnd't have found this thread if I wasn't searching wink :) If it was off by a tooth or so wouldn't it run like crap from the getgo? I know on my h22 civic hatch if it was off by a tooth it would run like crap when it first starts up. And i didn't touch the timing belt. It idle smooth like how it also been. It just appeared out of no where lol. I've searched both on clublexus.com and here. But I'll check the timing belt and see what's up with it. If it isn't the timing belt, I'm gonna use it as an excuse to get a new motor woot!

Downstairz Tuning