Converting MAF to MAP

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I love my SMT-6. It runs my AFM, ignition and a few other things on my 3.0L 3vz-fe.
The only thing about Perfect Power products is don't expect to get honest answers about anything. They simply don't know anything... The right and left hands dont' work together.
Their support is non-existant for the most part also.

The distributor channels are the only people that know anything. (Great guys like Lewis Ott)

SAFC's are inferior to everything. They *only* do one thing for $280, and they're not as accurate as other piggybacks.
E-Manages are good, but hella expencive to upgrade to be useful compaired to even old SMT units (5).

SMT's have the piggyback world beat, they're just not popular in NA for whatever reason. The 5 and 6 are like early end-user Unichips, while the new 7 is more inline with the new Unichip's. However... They are very popular with the Toyota truck world. I've been using them on ES/Camry's, have used two in turbocharged 4runners (3vz-e) and so on.

FYI SMT-7' are going for $1000. They are in extremely limited supply.

The SMT-6 won't drive a 1mz-fe v6 with it's distributorless ignition. What do the xUZ-FE ignition signals look like? Magnetic pickup? Where is the sensor? (crank? or in a distrubotor like earlyier i4's v6's?)

Well this is my first post here so hello everyone! I was refered here by the Admin Lextreme (david).

I was reading peoples replys and i see you want to get rid of the AFM to goto MAP. (without spending over 1000 on a standalone to do so).

Well like David mentioned, it IS possible with the SMT7 on MOST vehicles, this is a brand new product that has come a long way since the SMT6. These units are soon to be hitting suppliers and dealers around the world for some major testing and will be released shortly there after.

I personaly will be taking care of my current client base which is the Tacoma and MR2 market. The reason for this is because i have access to the vehicles and can do testing on them. Once i finish testing those i will start to expand into other vehicles produced by Toyota/Lexus. If things work out David will be working with the SMT7 mid-late April to show off what can be done by the SMT7 on your vehicles.

The reason for the long testing phase is because unlike the SMT6, the SMT7 comes programmed with only 60-2 Trigger options which only realy works with a few vehicles that are out there. Then its up to the dealers to provide crank/cam trigger signals that they have obtained and send them to the tech team to get them programed into the SMT7. This way it will work with the specific engine without issues.
The SMT6 was programed with a bunch of different triggers and some worked with certain engines and others did not, which caused alot of frustration and problems in the tuner market. (i love it in my tacoma tho )

I will be here to answer questions anyone has on this unit, you can also keep an eye on my website www.sea2skytuning.com as there will be lots of updates in regards to the SMT7 soon enough.

Feel free to email me also for any inquires, [email protected]

Thanks!
-Johnny
Sea2Skytuning.com

Toysrme said:
I love my SMT-6. It runs my AFM, ignition and a few other things on my 3.0L 3vz-fe.
The only thing about Perfect Power products is don't expect to get honest answers about anything. They simply don't know anything... The right and left hands dont' work together.
Their support is non-existant for the most part also.

The distributor channels are the only people that know anything. (Great guys like Lewis Ott)
The SMT6 is a good product i agree and i love it as well, that is why I choose to start dealing with them and supporting them.

However the comment about NON EXISTANT is...well 50/50 truth
Perfect power has come a long way from the SMT6 days in regards to support, it more so has to do with the dealers as you mentioned not supporting the products they sell. Perfect power has a tech team in south africa which i talk to on a daily basis to keep in touch with new things and any problems. No they dont site behind the computer and wait for emails becuase it is not that big of a company liek HKS/Split Second and what not, but you are also paying almsot HALF then those companys for a product that does double what they do.
I started off on Yotatech back when the SMT6 was still new and peopel were learning more about the unit as an option to the Split Second FTC units. I have been more then happy with the SMT6 and have tuned my share of FTC units as well.

So to say its hard to find support...i would have to disagree with that now.
What do you mean by know anything? Alot of the people I have talked to that deal with SMT units are pritty farmiler with there products and such. Anyway i hope to help out where others cannot

Toysrme said:
SAFC's are inferior to everything. They *only* do one thing for $280, and they're not as accurate as other piggybacks.
E-Manages are good, but hella expencive to upgrade to be useful compaired to even old SMT units (5).
I couldnt agree more...I even prefer the SMT6 to the SS FTC, while its a good unit i would much rather tune a system that allows LIVE tuning vs having to shut down every time you make a change. This means cheaper tuning/dyno times.

Toysrme said:
SMT's have the piggyback world beat, they're just not popular in NA for whatever reason. The 5 and 6 are like early end-user Unichips, while the new 7 is more inline with the new Unichip's. However... They are very popular with the Toyota truck world. I've been using them on ES/Camry's, have used two in turbocharged 4runners (3vz-e) and so on.

FYI SMT-7' are going for $1000. They are in extremely limited supply.
Again i agree with your first statment, they are amazing units packed with features and for a cost smaller then a single featured big name product.
The reason they are not so popular is becuase they arnt that big yet, they dont market at all and everything is left up to us dealers to advertise and whatnot. Again in turn brings the cost of the units down.

I got big into SMT6's (like i mentioend above) with my truck using the 5VZ-FE and the TRD Supercharger, that is what made me want to pass the word on and help people with the SMT units.

Lastly...if your talking USD for 1000 (even CDN).....far from the real price..
The SMT7 according to Feb23rd is going to retail around 815cdn or 650usd.

Who ever is selling them for 1 grand is making a killing ... Also the stock is limited only because bugs are still being worked out, once that is all done the stock all around will grow.

Toysrme said:
The SMT-6 won't drive a 1mz-fe v6 with it's distributorless ignition. What do the xUZ-FE ignition signals look like? Magnetic pickup? Where is the sensor? (crank? or in a distrubotor like earlyier i4's v6's?)
I dont speak form experience but if your saying the SMT6 doesnt work with dist less systems then that is not true. My tacoma is a 3 coil system on the V6 and it works great. Im pritty sure the 1mz-fe will work with it, ill be finding that out shortly anyway.

Overall im very happy with Perfect Power's line of engine managment systems and i hope they keep up the good work they are doing. The new XMS stand alone will also start to make dents in the Stand Alone market much like the SMT line is.

What I dont like about Split Second FTC1:
1. Cant do programing while driving. I have shut down the car and upload the new program. Its a pain. Basically, you can not program on the fly. If you have weak battery, then it would be very difficult to upload programs.

2. Takes too long to upload. Map A and B will take about 1.5 to 2 minutes.

3. Max programmable table is only 16 psi

seems a little limited.....

i would definately want something that can be tuned in real time.... also something to handle at least 25psi (dont think i'd ever boost past 20 even)....

Lextreme said:
What I dont like about Split Second FTC1:
1. Cant do programing while driving. I have shut down the car and upload the new program. Its a pain. Basically, you can not program on the fly. If you have weak battery, then it would be very difficult to upload programs.

Yea they really are behind the times when it comes to tuning and such. The SS unit is fairly old...i hate tuning those things :)

Hey hey Weasey! Boy it pissed me off on Yotatech when the +/- 1,750 SMT post got deleted and wasn't saved by anyone. hahahaha!
Not to hijack, but hijack!

You've had much better luck than I. No, I've never had anything good to say about PP other than their products. I ran around with them for several months trying to get a bunch of them to work after being lied too and lead around that it would work on some of the Toyota car v6's I've used them on.

Good to hear on the pricing, but every dealer I've talked to in the last few weeks has SMT 6's marked up, and noone is selling the 7's to end users for less than $1000 still. If you make me a deal on them, I've got some camry people waiting on me to wire up some ECU harnasses to make the plug and play if you can get them cheaper than they're being sold right now.

xMZ-FE's are 6 seperate coils, and the ECU doesn't except firing two at a time. Perfect Power themself told a bunch of people it won't work. (not that anyone takes their word at it) But, someone looking for a seriously piggyback/standalone for a 1mz-fe turbo went through the SMT-6 and the PRS both on his. It just won't work:\ Another major hurdle is that they don't like the cam/crank signals the MZ's use! hahaha You have to swap new sensors in just for the PP stuff to read. (Don't ask why it's only like that on the MZ's)

I'm not shooting down the SMT's. They're the best piggyback's this side of a full blown Unichip.

Ew that's horrible.
On an SMT it's live in five seconds from plugging in the cable and letting it connect and takes two/three seconds to upload/download 100% new information.

Even if you're driving around live tuning and the windows software totally crashes. The SMT itself doesn't care. The crashing software won't crash the SMT. (Local shop burned up a new LS6 rescently putting it on an EMS. Story goes the laptop crashed, and the EMS lost it) Once in a million shot of that, but hey come on LoL!

The older DOS SMT software is rock solid. However, I don't know anyone that uses that by preferance. Anyone that runs the Windows stuff does. Every now and again you'll do something the software doesn't like and it'll crash, but after a little bit of piddling around you quit doing that kind of stuff.

It use to crash for me enough to be annoying (but not hurt anything, or loose maps) On and old w98se lite laptop. I've never had it crash on XP (original, or either SP) so... Use it on something running 2K, or XP.

WeasyS2S if you want to help me out some, I still want a list of every dos command not in the app-data text.

Toysrme:
Hey hey Weasey! Boy it pissed me off on Yotatech when the +/- 1,750 SMT post got deleted and wasn't saved by anyone. hahahaha!
Not to hijack, but hijack!

OMFG no wonder i cant find it, they took it away....well that friggen blows...ah well it had more negative things then positive anyway :)

Is it hte SMT7 that wsant supposed to work with 6 coil system? Even for the SMT6 some people have it running with a coil over plug system. Wierd....

Anyway the SMT7 WILL NOT work with any vehicle that hasnt had its crank/cam triggers scoped saved and sent to PP through a dealer. This is done to prevent "genaric" signals to be used so that some cars would work while others would even tho the same signal is used.

THe problem with the support of smt products is due to the amount of emails all the techs get...thats why its now up to the dealers to relay information to the end user to keep there own support group. The techs at PP know there stuff real well and have helped me in the passed setting up smt6's and PRS units.

As far as the 1000 price...let me know who is doing this, by email or pm.

They will be selling at the price i mentioned (well around that) as soon as i get them and test them.

Also email me in regards to setting something up for camery people :) That engine is the same that is going into the mr2's nowadays so ill be releasing supercharger FI kits as well shortly which will be very competitive to what is avalible out there already.

hey lextreme
what about translator?
ti replace old karman vortex MAF with GM 3-3.5-4" MAF and is tunable. Perhaps that will be enough for you. I rune translator on my DSM and it work fine. they start making translator for supra turbo mk3 so it have same mas as uz I thinking. maybe it will work all for $360 :)
there is link:
http://www.fullthrottlespeed.com/items.asp?CartId={2AB58431-C26F-48C4-B098-452EVEREST28A2B02B0}&Cc=TRAN&Tp=

and

http://www.fullthrottlespeed.com/itemdesc.asp?CartId={2AB58431-C26F-48C4-B098-452EVEREST28A2B02B0}&ic=050SUPRA3MAFT&eq=&Tp=

Jerry