Code 13 please help

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

1992/SC400

I have a problem. I changed my sparkplugs yesterday and the wires were old and a few broke so I bought new ones along with distributor caps and rotors. When I was removing the drivers side distributor I dropped one of the small rubber pieces down into the timing cover. At the time I figured that it didn’t matter because it was small, rubber, and would probably settle somewhere. After I got it pieced back together it started fine but the check engine light came on and showed a code 13 and you can tell that there is a small miss at idle and also when you are driving. I don’t know what to do so your help would be great. I’m hoping that rubber piece would not throw out the timing but don’t know. I don’t even know how to check the timing one these cars or if the rubber piece has anything to do with it so any help would be very appreciated.

Check the timing marks and make sure you are not a tooth off. While you are in there check the very thin sheet metal reluctor ring that is on the backside of the drivers side timing sprocket, If something got in there it could be damaged and setting the code. Also check the cam position sensors to make sure the accessory belt has not cut into it/them.