Attn Kdog

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

webbie

Well i have embarked on put a crown 1uzfe into my hilux surf.

The g'box ect is really giving me the sh!ts and I would like to get to the bottom of it.

I have a half cut and have access to all the wiring harness, so any wires that you need traced let me know and i will only be too happy to tell you.

In one of your posts, you mentioned that you put a 4p/r into the SP1 of the ect. But on your diagrams you said it goes to the ecu (this is confirmed by tracing it). Which is the case? it seems too easy that all you need to do is hook up a signal to one wire? everyone makes out its so comp!

Also, would i be correct in saying that, if a wire from the ect (or ecu) gets split into 2, that would be an output? Doesnt seem right that a signal could come from 2 places?

I would like to get to the bottom of this ect so anyone can hook up the ect without the need for abs, cc, dash ect.

P.S/ Fant job on the diagrams!

is this a crown 1uz

then the auto ecu needs a signal from the abs sensor on back of gbox
this goes thru abs ecu if u dont have abs ecu i have devices that give correct signal to auto ecu from this sensor

then you also need the 4 pulse per rev signal to sp1 on the engine ecu
this signal comes from the back of yr speedo

Sideshow

Yes it is a crown 1uz.

You say that it needs a signal from the abs ecu? What type and which input to the ecu does it go to? I would like to run it without abs ecu.

If the SP1 (v-w) is an input to the ecu, does the same signal also go to the ect? (since that wire originally goes from the ect to the ecu?)

Ok, so here it is. I would like to do 99% of the job myself (inst & wiring - self satisfaction really) I want to get it running without the abs, cc or the dash. How much for the hardware and will you provide the installation diagrams?

Your website does not mention where you are based?

Thanks for your response,

Cheers

i do this for a living so i have stopped handing info out

on the gbox u have the speedo drive sensor
this drives yr speedo then on the back of yr speedo u might have and output
which then goes to sp1
this is usually only on electronic speedos or later model speedos
my 92 hilux has it

then next to the speedo drive sensor you have the abs sensor
this sends a signal to the abs computer then gets converted and sent to the automatic gbox ecu

i have these devices which can get rid of the abs ecu