Advancing The Cam Timing

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

COFFEE

Has any of you guys out there played with the cam timing ?
I was just wondering if anyone had advanced the cam timing a little.

Regards

Stephen

stepen, great question..id also like to add/ask-Has someone tried to change the cam phasing--changing the cams timing in regards to each other?..

By advancing the cam timing you will bring the power band lower, I think really the cams are pretty lame, we really need a vvtl-i engine dont you think? I wonder if we could convert a 3uz-fe engine? Take the parts from a 1.8 litre engine with this system and custom make a few parts. There's a challenge for everybody out there.

Whilst anything is possible and some of the things i see poeple on these site do is astounding.
Things like that are a lot more involved than they look.
Secondly unless you have the knowledge and tools/ machines available to make the parts yourself, it usually works out cheaper and safer to buy the parts.
Your atleast garunteed that it will work.

For me that task would be way out of my league and zero access to equipment to complete such things.

Just out of curiousity why a 1.8 ltr motor and which one did you have in mind ?

Regards

Stephen

Blown V8,
I have seen the thread you have directed me too.
Whilst making adjustments to the timing is one thing, making at VVT-I engine is a totally different ball game.
See when somebody says to me VVT-I, I see varible valve timing as in the car manufactures terms.
A system that is set to adjusts itself whilst in action.
making and adjuster or buying one that allows the car to be manually adjusted to me isn't VVT-I and that i would see as a possability for the average joe.
A true VVT-I coversion other than taking it off a later version 1UZ-FE.
Like i said, out of my league.

No offence was meant nor ignorance.
This was simply my own opinion and my own limits.

I started the thread out of interest because i thought it may have been a possable power gain.
This sort of mod is trial and error, I was simply trying to see if someone else had done the hard work for me, save wasting my time.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction

Regards

Stephen