AC Compressor switch trouble

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
The trouble is simple. Usually, on normal A\C, you have a system that makes the compressor goes ON and OFF to not freeze the system and let the water sink on the ground.

Mine does not do that, the compressor is always ON and the system freezes after 20 minutes. Somethime when it's frozen for a good period (45 mins - 1 hour) the compressor start to make noises, then i turn it off immediately.

Why my system stays ON, what can i do to fix that, i really don't know what makes the compressor activate and de-activate automatically.

On late model cars they use a thermistor which controls the compressor cycling on/off,that may be faulty but a sparky may have to check that.They normaly just fail so they dont work at all.Its inside the evaporator box pushed into the evap(which gives you the cold air)and it can be timely to get out and best left to a qaulified a/c person if it needs degas/regasing

woohoooo

I just looked in my mitchell to see where it is located...

man... I'm not sure anymore that i want to change that switch! LOL I'll have to disassemble the hole dashboard i think.

is there a way to test this switch with an multi-meter? (voltmeter or ohm meter?) Maybe it's just faulty wiring? i don't have nothing about this in my mitchell.

You may be able to get a thermostat switch from and automnotive A/C supplies place, they have a capillary tube and bulb and attach to the A/C input pipe (where the high pressure pipe goes through the firewall) and are held in place with a wrap around tar like stuff then you wire it upto the A/C clutch feed wire and it will cut the compressor out when the pipe gets to cold, they are usually adjustable as well.

This maybe your cheapest option and any good Auto elec should be able to do this for you the other bonus is it does not require a degas/regas.

John

let me know if this is the way you want to go and have no luck finding such an item and i will take a pic for you as i have one here that i use for one of my cars

If its the thermistor and your goin to that much trouble of getting in the evap box diffinately put the thermistor back in thermostats are old school and arent as acurate and more work to wire up.Thermistor unplugs and pull the probe out and replace it.Simple as that.Get it to some one and get it diagnosed,we may be on the complete wrong path.