A342le

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

aniesigh

Hi,
i bought an engine and box from a 1993 LS400 for my offroader project, and am considering options for gearbox control.
My question is though... i keep seeing that the A340 doesn't have the pwm valve but the a341e's do, however when looking at my box it seems to be an A342LE? i've found virtually nothing about these on the net, has someone replaced the box at some point in the past with a box out of something different or something?!

Nearly all of my conversions have had the A342LE transmissions, all pulled from LS400s (1990-1997)
The A342LE is probably specific to the U.K. market, different gearing?

i guess that would make sense as most of the stuff on the net is from overseas.
Does the E imply it will have the PWM valve then? its got a kickdown cable going to it? or do they still have kickdown cable on the boxes with the PWM valve?
cheers

PWM is unlikely to be found in 1993 model, especially if there's a cable going onto the box.

I haven't seen PWM-controlled transmission in a Toyota built before ~1998. As far as I know, with 340 series the only PWM signal is line pressure control, which eliminates the cable in later models. Gear shift solenoids are just on/off.