A BIG "WHAT IF?"

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Thieaux

Guys is still havent found the reason why my car doesnt rev higher than 4000 rpm.
But i was reading a post and someone said that , when in neutral or park the car doesnt rev higher then 4000, what if for some reason , my ecu isnt getting the input that my car is moving or in drive , and is not letting it rev higher than 4000...

Could this be possible is there a signal i should be looking for, my tach and speedo work fine ,

Guys help me out here...

What things have you done so far?
What car is it?
What mods does it have?

Usually its an ignitor problem if the car won't rev that high, or some ignition problem.
Also if your ignition leads are bad or they have become pinched together under the covers somewhere then it will also cause this. I would pull the covers off, pull them out of there holders and move them all apart.

Kdog you think it might be an ignitor
cause i got a code a couple of weeks ago about it but it when away
the car has don this since i bought it , doesnt want to go over 4000 even stock in 1st gear ,
Its a ls400 , check cabels and coiils , might be tranny related , cause it doesnt shift very smooth, you have to put the gas pedal on a certaiin position for it to shift "lexus style"
What about tps, cause i feel it accelerates quicker with 3/4 of the gas than wot with kickdown...

does this happen when u start it up or all the time-cause if this happens when start up
there is a saftey thing that the car has till it warmed up then it goes over 4000-but if this happens all the time- well your timing could be off- plugs-caps take it to the dealer for 60 bucks they go over the whole car

im gonna take it to dealer and have it check out, but a couple of my friends thnk my cats could be partially blocked...
Could these casue the car not to rev higher then 4000 while driving , cause on park or neutral it'll rev till limiter oround 5000 something