3UZ to R154 Gearbox

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

curbo

Guys
I have a 3UZ vvti engine and i am going to put the R154 gearbox behind it, i have purchased the gearbox however the input shaft is 160mm long, therefore i am beginning to think it has come from a Toyota Hi-Lux and not a Turbo Supra. I have contacted the seller who insists it is from the Turbo Supra, but the shaft is 190mm long on Supra. Does anybody what the difference is between the Supra R154 and the Hi-Lux R154 apart from the length of the input shaft.
Detailed help would be much appreciated as i dont want to purchase Dellows shorter bellhousing just to find i have made a big mistake
cheers Curbo

Are you measuring the length from the bellhousing mounting face on the box?
Are you sure its a R154 and not a W57-8.
Can you post a pic of the box please.
As far as I know the only R series boxs in hiluxs were R151's which are a 4x4 box.
Very different ratios and bolts up to a transfer case.
Personally I feel it sounds like you have a W57-8 out of a Supra.
A picture tells a thousand words

The measurement from the bellhousing mounting face on the gearbox to the end of the shaft is 190mm but the shaft itself measures 160mm so i am confused.

Please find attached photos of the gearbox, i hope you can help.
the ratios between the w58 and the r154 are very close so i can not identify it that way
cheers curbo

Supra T R154
R154.jpg

Yes Curbo, that is an R154.
Measurements are always taken from the bellhousing mounting face.
If the box came from a JZ series engine you will be able to use one of the V160 adapters in the Group Buy section.
If from a 7M you will need a full bellhousing.
Cheers

excellent news, i appreciate your help, i am fairly confident it has come from 7M is there anyway to tell.

If its full bellhousing was going to use Dellows, what do you think?
cheers Curbo

Is the V160 a better installation (it is the ultimate installation on the back of the 3UZ), i understand the boxes are more expensive and harder to find. However as the group has installed these with parts sourced within the group, so has the potential to be less expensive with more care and attention taken.

cheers curbo

JtJerry, it's this adapter plate. There is a group buy on this now, and it will work with a V160, R154, and W58 as long as they came from a 1jz or 2jz. It fits a 1uz, 2uz, and 3uz.

IMGA0766.jpg