2uzfe single turbo

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

thalj

Can anyone show me a picture of the best single turbo pipes setup for a 2uzfe im planning on a 550hp + car

when planning a setup like that i alwasys like to look at the complete top of the line and copy as much as i can. not a 2uz but it doent matter, heres the V8 single turbo setup to aspire to have.
FORD%20COSWORTHXFE-2274.jpg

Guys i need a sketch atleast for my 2uzfe turbo project.. im building a street car and confused btw twin turbo or single.. really i need advice of pros... i need a good way of making the turbo pipes so whats my options ?

i dont know anyone that makes headers/turbo manifolds one off from a scetch, its kinda a trial and error thing,

pipe fits there... nope pipe dont fit there... oh wow its guna rub that... good theres a clear path there....

my suggestion is study existing systems, like the one i posted thats about the best design youll ever see, and study a little more, and um study a little more, till you have a really good concept of how it works and why all the little details are the way they are, if you have spicific questions go ahead and ask them on this forum there are a few people who can provide input but in the end you will have to get creative or just buy somthing premade.

Good question,

my brother has a 1UZ LS400 with a single turbo (T88 34d)
This is his setup:

t_dsc01978__medium__410.jpg

For my 3UZ i am still not sure about the final setup (single or twin)....I prefer twin, mainly because i like symmetrics (hahaha...) and like the idea of 1 turbo per 4 cylinders....

I agree it is an adventure how to get the "best" setup for your application...
The Twin Setup from Lex looks very good....
My engine builder says its twice the costs, twice the trouble....etc....and responses slower compared single turbo....

I just want power :laughing:

Please post more pictures of single and twin setups...and yes also with header configuration....

Guys i need a sketch atleast for my 2uzfe turbo project.. im building a street car and confused btw twin turbo or single.. really i need advice of pros... i need a good way of making the turbo pipes so whats my options ?

Do you have a budget?

From your questions I am guessing that this is your first time involved in this kind of project.

Is the 2UZFE in a truck or have you done a swap to another vehicle and if so what?

Will you be using this primarily as a street vehicle driven in traffic or are you only concerned about peak power output over a small RPM range?

BEST is a variable depending on application.

If yours is a truck one of the easiest would be the STS remote mount single turbos. Response is slower but still very usable.

A custom engineered system is just that CUSTOM. You better be ready to do your homework AND find a capable builder.

A turbosystem routes the exhaust gas from the ports to the turbo(s) and then to a suitable exhaust system. It also draws air through a filtration system to the turbo, to a charge cooler and/or water/methanol injection syste before delivering the boost to the throttle body. It also has high pressure oil from the engines oiling system (usually) to the turbo bearing housing and then a means of draining or pumping the low pressure oil from the turbo oil discharge back to the engine. Most modern turbos also have a water cooled bearing section so you need to route coolant to and from the engine and turbo and back again. These are your BASIC turbo PATH needs.

You will then need a means to supply additional fuel in the correct amounts at the correct times. Larger injectors, extra injectors, rising rate fuel pressure regulator(s) injector drivers, injector controllers, modifications to the stock ECU and stand alone ECU's are all considerations.

Controlling the engine timing is also needed and becomes more and more critical as power levels go up. Some are able to modify the stock ECU to achieve this. Others go with a piggyback to the stock ECU. Others go with a complete stand alone fuel and timing ECU that can be programmed accordingly. All options have plusses and minuses.

If anything above is confusing or is new to you I highly recommend studying as much as possible. Clearly state your goals for your own good.

Turbocharging is one of the most rewarding car crafting experiences but like any there will be unforseen expenses and frustrations. You can reduce both by learning as much as possible and finding quality help (not so easy).

For some reason i tend to a twin setup on a V8....almost all V8 turbo production cars have twin turbo setup: Porsche Cayenne Bi-Turbo...Audi RS6 bi-turbo...some V6 twin turbo setups etc...

Only some aftermarket companies provide a single V8 package of the shelf....see the single turbo V8 application for the Mustang
http://ziptie007.phpwebhosting.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1

Since my donor car for the 3UZ is a Lexus GS300, i am thinking of just making more space to make a proper V8 twin turbo...with nice headers and a good solution for the exhaust side...

@Lex:
why didn't you repeat the single conversion you did on the 1UZ for your 2UZ..
Where/are you completely satisfied with the single V8 setup....or did you gradually tended towards twins ???

Did I already say that I like this topic ? :beerchug: