2UZ into a '05+ SASED Tacoma

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

awsumdc

Hey guys, new hereto this forum.

I've built many a truck and cars in my time and have had fun with them all but this one has been the most fun of all.

BigBear2009640x480.jpg

I've read a ton of the threads here about swaps and have noticed that the 1UZ is the motor of choice for most of you here. It is a fantastic motor and a pretty one too.

For my project though I need one that has a bunch of low end grunt and the 2UZ with it's iron block will be perfect for this.

The '05+ Tacomas have the exact same transmission, the A750E and the A750F, as the 4th gen 4Runners and the 1st gen Tundra's so that wont be an issue. Just need to see if the bell housings and torque converters are the same.

I've studied this swap but have not found any inf yet on anyone who has done one except he Toyota one from the SEMA show but that one has no details really unless someone here knows where to find that info.

I'm assuming there wont be very much in the way of splicing since the systems are so close to one another. I will be using the VVT-i motor though since my truck is a California truck and I'd like to have the extra power it provides.

If anyone has any info that would be of use to me I would be greatful. You guys really seem to know your engine stuff here and I'm sure I'm oing to learn a ton here. Thanks in advance.

Here is a link t the build of my truck from IFS to solid axle and from electronic t case to dual manual Transfer case's. Solid Axle Swap

Thanks again,

Wyatt

So, been doing a little research today and haven't found what I'm looking for. Needed to know if the 2UZ has a rear sump oil pan or a front sump and where would I find a rear sump if it has one. I know the SC400 has a rear sump that the 4WD guys use on the 1UZ motors but I don't know if that will bolt up the the iron block on the 2UZ.

Any idea out there.

No one has any info on these 2UZ-FE engines as to oil pans and such? Because I have a huge solid axle up front I need an oil pan that has a rear sump and from I can tell the 2UZ's I've sen in the FSM has a front sump.

I guess I could just make one but it would be cool to be able to just pick one up.

Also, no one has any detailed info on putting one of these into a 2005 + Tacoma? :frown:

Hi there!
Just looked at your other build thread. Really AWSOME!!!
From what I see you guys will have little trouble with doing the 2uz swap.
If you cant find the stuff you need just make it.:D

Hi,
2-uz sumps are rear similar to the sc400 sump. They have a deeper bowl and hold about 7.5 liters of oil.
All uz sumps and pickups are interchangeable, Iv'e just fitted a 2-uz sump to my early 1-uz and one of my mates just put one on his VVT-i 1-uz.

Nice tacoma, very clean SAS. The 2uz has a mid sump and if you need to change its location you can source an sc400's rear sump or the ls400's front sump. all 3 engines are virtually indetical and pans identical.

Personally I have not heard of the new tacomas with the 2UZ but since the new 4runners still come with them, I would check into utilizing the 4runners motor mounts and possibly trans mount as well.

In NZ we get the 2uz in landcruiser which have a rear sump. One importer I know brings the sumps in from Japan when fitting UZ motors into many later model 4x4 vehicles. I was doing some searching for motors the other day and came across a wreaker with 2 2uz motors in stock. I beleive they are the early 2uz without VVti like the newer ones. I am tempted but really want to go with the 3uz. The only real problem with the wiring is the immobiliser system if the ECU has it fitted. Good looking truck by the way.

Personally I have not heard of the new tacomas with the 2UZ but since the new 4runners still come with them, I would check into utilizing the 4runners motor mounts and possibly trans mount as well.

Yeah, I think I'll look at the 4runners motor mounts and if they won't work I'll just make my own. The trans I'm not worried about because they all use the same auto trans behind the 4.0 v6 and the 2UZ motors here.

In NZ we get the 2uz in landcruiser which have a rear sump. One importer I know brings the sumps in from Japan when fitting UZ motors into many later model 4x4 vehicles. I was doing some searching for motors the other day and came across a wreaker with 2 2uz motors in stock. I beleive they are the early 2uz without VVti like the newer ones. I am tempted but really want to go with the 3uz. The only real problem with the wiring is the immobiliser system if the ECU has it fitted. Good looking truck by the way.

Thank you very much. I have a friend in Australia if I need to source one of those and I have a friend who is from New Zealand over here that has family there and can get one for me as well if it's cheaper than getting the rear sump from the sc400.