1uz powered lotus

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

lexotus

Hi everyone
just joined your forum and thought i,d introduce myself.
Iam a self employed mechanic in the UK struggling with the downturn, so at the moment I,ve got less money than sense. so what a perfect time to start a mad project I thought lol..
Any way here goes,i have got a well used 1985 lotus esprit turbo at the moment ive removed the original engine and gearbox,built a frame from scap timber,thanks to the RSC (big clue to where i live there!) and after some blood,sweat,tears and a "f"ing big hammer! got the body lifted off the chassis.
Now I picked up a ls400 a while back for less than its scrap value(don,t ask) and this is what got me started on this mad scheme in the first place. what i need to work out is how to mate the 1uz-fe to a Renault UN1 gearbox. The original gearbox is the citroen unit which is right on its torque limit with the 4cyl turbo and just would not survive ,so bright spark that i am, thought using the same gearbox as Lotus(UN1) would make life easier lol.
It didn,t Lotus mucked about with it so much it might as well be a totally different unit but its what i,ve got so its what im going to use.
Any tips,hints or just plain stupid suggestions are all gratefully welcome and i look forward to them all thank you all very much.

ps i,m also very new to this whole interrywebby thing so if post wrong,dont reply,generally cock up please dont get upset.
pps i just looked at the clock,and this has taken me 2hrs to do,i told you about being new to this so sorry for such a long rambling intro.
ppsim also on my 7th beer and 3rd smoke whickh explaines most of above and am now off to bed thank you
t