1UZ into Mercedes E220

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Delerium

Hello everybody!! [said like the shady doc on simpsons]

I have a 93 mercedes e220 and i was thinking about jamming a 1UZ in there cause the 150hp 2.2 just isnt cutting the mustard. so my question is this: anybody know of anybody putting one in a merc? so i can get some info....

cheers

Our "dog transporter" is an old 89 300TE (3litre 7 seater wagon to non Benz fans) and I have looked hard at the idea. Mine has a sad trans and for the cost of a trans rebuild I can buy a half cut and do most of the engineering.

You will need a front sump (Celsior/LS400) and the Lexus trans should fit in the tunnel.

A couple of minor problems, like the tacho but it looks "doable".

There is enough room between the towers to fit the engine. My wife had a fit when I started running the tape over the the old bus!

If you do the swap you need to post it up and I just may follow suit.

hehe, hey pro240c! I just bought a mid 80's 300SEL, and well, ended up here looking for 1uz stuff. Yes, the w126 is getting translplanted. Hows the cedric going? i'll have to check back at ozdat i guess...Im back to living in Darwin now.

Cheers.

Aaron.

Delerium said:
Hello everybody!! [said like the shady doc on simpsons]

I have a 93 mercedes e220 and i was thinking about jamming a 1UZ in there cause the 150hp 2.2 just isnt cutting the mustard. so my question is this: anybody know of anybody putting one in a merc? so i can get some info....

cheers
I too have an E series merc, except mines a 1996 model.
Will be going the 1UZ path on it very shortly.
The standard 2 liter is crap
At the moment its all show and no go..
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/3750/e200merc0064bj.jpg