1UZ into a Morrie 1000

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
It's been Done Trev. V8 Morrie, Rover, 308, 350 etc. Hell it even made Stuff.co.nz a few years back when a farmer just out of chch put a VH45 in one.. I think you sent me the link to that one. Mind you the most fun that I've ever had in a car was a Morrie Minor.. Had a supercharged 4A-GE in it. The Dude in the wanked up STi WRX was less than impressed when he got his arse kicked but the mufti cop behind me was very impressed

That'll be a 4A-GZE ??
Not much resale value ??
Seen so much $$$ spent with little return..
But that's what you get when you mod ..

Last edited:
You will probabley have to look at a coil over conversion but look up Uk morris minors there are a few of them with various v8's in them other than that i dont think youll find any with that particullar conversion broken down to a build diary

That'll be a 4A-GZE ??
Not much resale value ??
Seen so much $$$ spent with little return..
But that's what you get when you mod ..

It was a 4A-GE and I should know as I put the supercharger on it. There were a few suspension kits in NZ for them most using Datsun 120Y stuff. If memory serves correct most of went into this one came from Brayshaw in Palmy North who did MG-B stuff (inc new MG-B roadster bodies).

Z is the supercharged engine..Note the ?? ..

With body braces, sub frames it can be done..
Would require decent front suspension, brakes etc..
Engine size to weight with local rego would need checking ?
There was one at last years beach hope with 1UZ fitted..
http://www.beachhop.co.nz/photos.html
In Whangamata..

Note that engine is a Ford and it would be up to 150mm narrower than a 1UZ.

When thinking about the swap you're trying to fit a 700x700x700 box in the engine bay. If you can fit that box in and still have room for suspension and steering you're on your way to success.