1UZ in a Surf - My headache ... Help?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I'll only say my car changed personality when I earthed the ECU.

It went from a dog to fun.

I didn't change any sensors etc other than sorting the wiring (I tidied it up) and earthed the ECU.

Hi guys, thanks again...
I haven't swapped ecu's and probably wont for the same reasons... why change something that aint really broken?
Still getting radiator sorted out so can't run for long at all, when the rad is in I can run it for longer times and see what goes on, esp with road testing... it does seem to run real rich...

Will earth ecu and see - why not it's not difficult

didn't think the capacitor would cause it problems... I searched code 56 on here and a few people have come across it without resolution... I will try swap TPS's which helped for lextreme...

A strange thing I noticed when key was left on, I would move the main part of loom and hear a clicking, it was the vacuum solenoid on top (ls400 wiring points to fuel pressure or something but the line goes to nowhere) I untaped the loom to trace the dodgy wire and it hasn't happened since... BUT moving throttle will activate the solenoid.... WHAT IS IT FOR?

Anyone reckon a 12" push type thermo fan on hilux radiator will be enough cooling? no room behind rad and only room in front for 2 small fans, we have a 12" fan lying around...

Thanks for your help guys... it really is appreciated

You will need at least 2 12" fans.

I started with one 14" and it wasn't enough to cool at traffic lights.

I now have twin 13" of the AU Falcon, and its more than enough.

Hi guys,

Well I have swapped to the crown ECU now, seems to be happy now (although seems not very powerfull) No fault codes initially on startup or anything but eventually after a while it brings up codes 83, 84 & 85... any ideas???

Radiator is in now, running a 12" thermo on one side and still looking for a small enough one for other side, seems to keep it at temp with driving, dunno about hills/ heavy loads yet.

Just gotta rig up the solenoids in the trans for better gears and changing then will see how it really goes then...

Cheers guys for your help along the way, It's good to have people to bounce ideas off... will post up pics of the boss doin' smokies when he does them...