1UZ in 83 Isuzu Trooper Help :/

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Deafbeat

Hi .. sry to bother u guyz :/ .. this is the one of the pieces ive found here .. worth buying ?? .. plan to stick it in my 1983 Isuzu Trooper .. what should i b looking for in checking the engine when buying it ??

thanks for all the help in advance =|

Regards
DB

1_KU6_PakWheels%28com%29.jpg

2_6KH_PakWheels%28com%29.jpg

3_X3Q_PakWheels%28com%29.jpg

4_TX4_PakWheels%28com%29.jpg

5_N7Y_PakWheels%28com%29.jpg

6_3RY_PakWheels%28com%29.jpg

Doesn't look like it has been looked after too well. The main concern would be checking compression, but that's hard to do properly on an uninstalled engine like that.

roger .. i'll prolly work out some kinda deal for the working of it i suppose :/ coz the guy selling it is gona install it as well so no worries there .. n he's giving me this in xchange for my 1RZ plus 350$(US) xcluding the installation charges etc .. good deal ??

Spray some WD40 [or similar] into plug holes and turn engine over a few times..
Just in case cylinder bore have some surface rust on them??
If started and run hard? It could cause ring damage..
Replace timing belt, check starter motor and water pump..
Looks like its been steam cleaned and not spayed with some water dispersant which makes some parts look corroded..

roger .. another thing .. the current engine in my trooper is hooked up with a Surf 4x4 tranny .. will i b able to use that with this or should i stick to the auto that comes along with it ??

where's teh freggin edit button BLAH =_= .. also keeping in mind im not a very big offroader more of a straight liner / drager .. so which gear box would suit the engine for that ??

I just think these 1uz-fe swaps into these light weight troopers, 4 runners, Montero's, etc... are all just amazing.

I know what an 1uz-fe can do in a heavy sc400, and I can only imagine how spunky it would be in those little 4x4's.. Too cool and bad ass for sure.

Go man!!! Great swap.. I had a two door 86 Montero and I would have loved to drop a 1uz-fe in that. It would have been a little monster..

That's a bad ass idea, to be honest man, i'd stick with the tranny that comes with the engine, rather than risk it not working with the isuzu transmission

That's a bad ass idea, to be honest man, i'd stick with the tranny that comes with the engine, rather than risk it not working with the isuzu transmission

not on the isuzu tranny or the engine rite now as well .. i currently have a 1rz hooked up with a surf/hilux tranny .. should i keep that ??