1UZ - 2UZ Swap

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

rollexus_400

I thought I would ask this on here. We are currently working on transplanting a 2UZ into and SC400. We do not want to change the heads over. What I would like to know is, how far fetched would it be if we transfer over the vital engine harness plugs from the 2UZ harness to the 1UZ. Would the SC400 ECU handle it? Do you think we could get away with it? We don't want to touch the rest of the chassis plugs, just the engine stuff.
I know we could also to a standalone, we are in contact with someone now to use the AEM.

Thanks in Advance.

What I know, if you use the 1UZ heads & manifold on 2UZ block ... you will gain more power probably. since the 2UZ has a smaller flow area due to low-end torque.

in other hand, it will be a stock swap.

That is actually untrue. The reason it makes power down low is because the camshafts don't have enough lift and duration to make more power up higher. They have slightly more lift than early 1uzfe cams but a little less duration. The CSA(cross section area) of the ports is larger, the angle of entry into the combustion chamber is steeper (better for high rpms), the ports flow better, and the valves are larger. The intake design is also better flowing and better designed.
I've put the measurements into a program to calculate the choke rpm of both heads on a 1u block and the heads from the 2uz outflow and have more rpm than the 1u heads. The choke rpm of the running gear is about 6600rpm with the 2u heads on a 1u block. The 2uz has a larger bore and stroke. This equals more air on each intake stroke people. Simple math, more air per intake per cylinder per rpm. The choke rpm on the 2uz is where they make peak hp.

I'm making this post because I've been seeing a lot of people posting up misinformation about this kind of stuff based off uneducated assumption and its getting annoying.

Last edited: