1UZ 1996 4runner

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

rattlecan

First post here, been lurking for alittle :D Well this is what i am doing. I have a 96 4runner that is pretty much a rock crawler. I am going to be running a 700r4 trans, so trans control is not needed. so now the questions....

Do I-
-have the runner harness sent out to Phoniex Tuning to have a plug and play made
-Have a stand alone harness made for the 1uz(would need ecu etc)

Im open to options, I just need the 1uz to run, everything else is not nessecary. it will not be a road worthy vechile, will only see rocks. I will post pic's up later

nar he is right
7 wires and job is done prob take u 10 minutes
might not charge and your bloody fuel pump will run of the battery
might mean u have to disconnect battery every time u park it but its only a rock crawler
hahahahaah
suprisingly ive never even seen photos of a 7 wire install
id probalby be to embarrassed to show em too

i think people should understand that a 7 wire install is the very very bare minimum to get motor running temporarily
but hey everything u read on forums is gospel thats where i get my info from heheh

Well im picking up the motor this weelend. It doesnt have an ecu or main wiring harness, but does have the motor harness. that being said... I would want to keep it as simple as possible. So was thinking about the stand alone set-up. its a 1997 out of an SC400. So im going to try to source a main harness and ecu.

Its not going to be modded, just stock for know.

Is there anything specific i should look for at the ecu?
Can i use any sc400 wiring harness for a 1uz?

thanks again

just go aftermarket ecu
no use telling u which one to get as
budget has a lot to do with it plus also
find what your favorite tuner likes
by the time u find all the missing bits to go
factory setup and then u have to hope you get
correct matching bits it's not worth going factory

nothing beats factory setup but since u only got
basic loom and motor just research afew aftermarket ones