1998 ucf20r tacho

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Multimeter with long leads. on one of the ignitors one plug has one more wire than the other. The extra wire is the tacho signal. Remove the instrument cluster and probe the plugs till you find the other end (black wire) and check for cotinuity. If that's ok the PCB on the back of the Tacho itself is probably a little sad. I have a UCF21 cluster left over from a halfcut if you need one (has 180km speedo being from a Celsior) and this is known to be working. Yours for some beers of my choice and postage costs

Aha... Tacho input is from ECU then. Remove cluster and strip and look for burnt tracks on the tacho. If you can't repair or bridge the tracks on it Asiat instruments are who you need to contact

Common problem with this model. I am on my third cluster. The speedo will stop working next and the temp gauge will show overheating. Spent a lot of money on cooling system, only to find out it was a faulty cluster. Lexus quoted $4000-$7000 to repair or A lot more to replace. My car is now the proud owner of a Japanese cluster which goes to 160kph and has an artistic looking trip computer. The cluster is easy to change yourself (have found instructions).