1992 SC400 Television PAL conversion

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
guys, I don't own a soarer, but I did see a reference to this on ALSC? Some australian company that sells bits to convert, or swaps yours (it was over a year ago so brain is a bit fuzzy).

Here's one link I just spotted, under http://www.alsc.aus.as 'Soarer / SC400 Repair Tips and FAQ's' - Hope this helps?

"As I mentioned in previous discussions I was trying to find a fix for the most common Soarer TV tuner problem – power supply failure (error 12). I was successful and I put the fix description in a document, so all ALSC members could use it if needed. I asked Richard to add this document to his web page
http://www.ami.com.au/~rbaird/tunermod.htm together with the other TV tuner related documents. "

They were sold in the U.S but are very different to the Japanese soarer, basically they are a pov pack limited no screen no air/active suspension but do have a cool dial dash not digital...

Pal tv conversion is available - but don't ak me for the contact!

check out http://users.bigpond.net.au/startrade/ and go to faq's. The answer seems to be yes now!

faq 65. Are there any updates on the PAL TV conversion and GPS conversion for Soarers to work in Australia?
As of January 2001 the situation is that GPS mapping discs for countries outside Japan will never be available for the Soarer due to the difficulties with disc creation and questions about copyright of the mapping information used to make any such discs.
The PAL conversion of the Soarer TV has finally been resolved and I understand there are 2 systems available in Sydney. The simple solution employs a PAL TV tuner controlled by a remote control (about A$1,000) and the more complicated conversion has the PAL tuner connected through the original TV tuner so that channel tuning and memory setting are possible through the EMV screen, as originally designed (about A$1,500).

previous comment
faq 19. Can the TV in Soarer LTD be converted to receive Australian (or other countries' PAL) TV signal? UPDATE AT Q65.
As far as we know, at present the TV can not be converted. The Soarer TV receiver was designed to work with the NTSC system used in Japan and USA, among other countries. This is quite different from the PAL system TV used in Australia, N.Z. and parts of Europe. We understand several groups of technicians in Australia and overseas have been trying to develop a conversion so that theSoarer TV could play with the PAL signal. It is difficult as a new PAL receiver must be installed with a PAL to NTSC converter to drive the original Multivision screen. This is proving costly and power consumption of the modified set-up is quite high. Additional problems concern the location of the original Soarer TV antennas in the rear side glass. In experiments they did not provide a consistent and sufficiently strong signal for the PAL receiver to enable quality TV reception. We believe a working conversion will become available once these difficulties were resolved. Watch this space for future updates.

High all,
For you out there who are in Sydney or wish to send the pats away.
Nearly four years ago now when i brought my limited the screen went on the EMV and the LCD on the dash started blanking out.
Went aorund to car yards, rang TV repairers couldn't find anyone.
Most had never heard of a touch screen TV as a factory fit to a car and freaked out refusing to even look at it.
After a few weeks i started to worry, wondering what i had got myself into.
Someone directed me to a character called "Nam" ( i am gathering his nickname )
So i looked him up " NAMS- Marrickville Rd Enmore " gee, was i a happy man to meet this charactor.
Off the top of my head, he fixed both of them and wired up the EMV so i could plug my DVD player into it for about $700.
He could aslo conert the EMV to NTSC/PAL $ ?
If you give him the dash and ECU he will remove the speed limiter and modifies the ECU to get an extra 12kw for $600 ?.
The stickers for the EMV- well i did buy them and while they are cheap and well printed there is a down side.
They are stickers and the little led's behind the button dont light them up anymore, so a night time you have to know where and which button your pushing.

As for the GPS he will fit an aftermarket system for about $1000.
TV tuners, i did see on one of the forums tuners for i think about $120 by a person Vlad ? it may have been the ALSC forum.

I would most deffinately use NAM for mods, very switched on clever man.
please remeber these prices are a rough memory from 3 years ago.

Hope this is of some help.

Regards

Stephen

Soarer Dash and EMV Screen Fix

Hi All,

I to can fix the dash problem (bottom info line flickering and/or whole dash turning off).... usually charge $100 which is a pretty standard price. Also I can fix the problem of the EMV Screen backlight failing. I charge about $430 if anyone in interested... Send me an email [email protected]

Thanks
manzp

Try the ALSC for all your EMV needs. The guys there have been working on it for ages and now have some very good solutions which will work better and be cheaper than your other options.