1992 SC400 Ignition wiring question?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

jibby

I am hooking up an electical dual fan on my 1992 SC400 and need to hook into the ingition wiring and A/C wiring directly. Wanted to know the best areas as to where to feed and connect the fan wiring. I was planning on just running the fan wires to the fuse box and connect to those sources that way, but I am now wondering if that is not such a good idea? Any thoughts on this? Here is a pic of the wiring diagram, you will see that I need to connect the fan into the ignition wiring so that the fan will shut off when the car is shut off. If the fan is hooked into a direct positive lead the fan will continue to run well after the car is shut off and I do not want that. The other is when the A/C is turned on I want the Fans to turn on as well, need to wire directly into the A/C... Any suggestions? I want to make this steup as reliable as possible....

Attachments

• P1010001.JPG
    P1010001.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 15
  • P1010020.JPG
    P1010020.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 27
Instuctions on the dual electric fan suggested that one or both of the fans should run while the a/c is turned on. Now thinking about it, I am not sure that is the right call......Thanks LSKid...

The AC fans are different connections. I use electrical fan/s too. I use a Selco Temperature Sender to active the fans. I dont want to run the fans all the time only at a preset temperature. They work great. I stage them like one fan goes on at 110 degree and the second fans comes on at 140 degree.

Dave, that is exactly how my fans will be set up to work. just like yours. I am glad to hear your electric fans worked out. Will your fans keep the car cool on super hot day in traffic with the A/C on or do they struggle?

I had two 16" before. They cool great and because of my turbo setup, i can only use on 16" amd its pretty sufficient for cool. After 180 degree, two other fans comes on. This is hardly happen.

Lex- Did the 2 Selco temperature sensors at 110 and 140 degrees come included with your 16" fans, or was it a seperate upgrade sensor system you purchased seperately? Any pics of your mounted sensors? I really am not to thrilled with the thermo stick and temp box sent with this dual flex fan of mine, it does not allow me to control the temp on each fan seperately.. Do you feel your Selco heat sensors are super reliable over time, and is that best choice in your opinion to operate both fans independantly at different temp sets? Also did you wire those two Selco sensors directly to your ignition wiring or a direct hotwire to the battery? Hooking to the battery would make the fans continue to run after shut down, I am pretty sure you hooked up to your ignition...A million questions, sorry.....

I am not sure what your system comes with. The one in my car is control by the accessory power from the ignition key. Temp sensor also utilized relays to activate the fans. Its pros and con using Selco Heat Shink Sender but i works for me.