12 psi on stock 1UZFE, Is it safe?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
how is that rated? if it RON it may be close to the highest we can get from the pump, which is 94. Obvioulsly there are other alternatives like e85 and race gas but both arent always practical.

Where I live (U.S.), I can only get 91 octane. I think I can only boost it a lot less than 17 psi in stock form, unless I'll run race gas. That's why detailed info. is critical in this setup.

In Australia, I'm pretty sure we rate fuel as RON, and in the US don't they commonly rate it as RON+MON/2??

That is our rating. It is my understanding that per given actual octane, our gas will have a lower rating, but I dont know the exact rating. I believe e-85 is something like 115 ron but 110 r=m/2. I may be totally off on those numbers as I dont have an interest in e85 but I do recall the ron rating being higher. As a general rule on a 93 octane motor, running a 10:1 compression, I try to keep the boost under 12psi due to the fact that Im making less than optimum power running fairly lax timing. I dont think Id even go that high wothout a standalone or atleast some form of boost retard.

Hi guys--new to this board, but have been keenly gathering tidbits of info in preparation for a FI 1UZ setup (likely will go eaton M90 on 1990 LS400).

Yes, on the east coast the lucky ones can find 94 octane at some Sunocos--however, as mentioned, Cali only gets 91 due to some emissions issues, and here in Colorado we only get 91 due to altitude requiring lower octane.

One more thing re: octane boosters in the tank--probably mentioned before, but almost all of the off-the-shelf octane boosters in the US are useless for our applications. Simplest way is to add toluene to the tank. Since all I can get is 91 at the pump, if I'm running higher boost (>15psi) on my T25/28 Miata I'll dump in 10% toluene. VERY effective.

Toluene is good but very dangerous. Highly carcinogenic....also highly illegal, on of those offenses that the EPA will come down on you very very hard. My advice is to leave toluene for the track.

The octane booster i use is from Nulon and does the job nicely. Was tested against 6 or so other brands and came out on top. Made more hp but also allowed for more timing to be dialed in before det was reached.

If you can't find a decent octane booster then C16 is a safer option to toluene.

if running toluene, mix it with a lubricating agent, a cap full of dexron and a quart of toluene mixed with a tank of gas works well.