1 UZ-FE into a Mk2 capri

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

capri conversion

I've currently got a 76 Mk 2 capri with a sad 2ltr in it, Im tossing up to go with the capri essex V6 with the view of "tricking it out" in the future or maybe just go all out and put a 1UZFE in it, engines with computers here in NZ are around $1500 but Im wondering what the total cost will be for conversion including a manual box and probably an LSD.
Can I put the old essex in with the intention of modifying it (ported heads, mild cam etc) or will it be cheaper in the long run just to ditch the V6 and go for the lexus?

Not many punters on this forum are going to encourage the V6 option my friend. I can tell you from first hand experience there is nothing like the silky smooth snappy responsiveness of a 1UZ FE. I have one in a 1977 3 series BMW coupe with a supra 5 speed and it is heaven. Good luck and just have a good read around here and you too will see the beautiful light. And I don't even go to church!
Regards.
Matt.

capri conversion said:
I've currently got a 76 Mk 2 capri with a sad 2ltr in it, Im tossing up to go with the capri essex V6 with the view of "tricking it out" in the future or maybe just go all out and put a 1UZFE in it, engines with computers here in NZ are around $1500 but Im wondering what the total cost will be for conversion including a manual box and probably an LSD.
Can I put the old essex in with the intention of modifying it (ported heads, mild cam etc) or will it be cheaper in the long run just to ditch the V6 and go for the lexus?

I am doing a similar thing to a MK 1 Capri, but running auto, with a hilux diff. From memory the MK 2 engine bay is the same as MK 1, and from all my measurements it will fit. I had to run the GT bonnet with the buldge in it to get the manifold under the bonnet without cutting holes, hot sure of the bonnet on MK 2's though. Something you will need to consider.
I also recommend running a 10mm spacer between cross member and chassis rails, as this gives you slightly more clearnance as well, and a lower centre of gravity.
Good luck. I will post some pics when i have the engine sitting in the car.