The Big One Got Away!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Some of you guys know that I am on vacation with my family in a exclussive resort and enjoying the pen house few feet from the water. Yesterday I took a trip to do some deep sea fishing. We were after marlins. After few hours of riding in a 31 foot long boat with twin diseal V8 engines we finally saw a merlin. The fish guide throw in a live mackeral and the merlin immediately took the bite.

From about 60-75 feet away, you can see the merlin jumping above the surfer. What a beautiful scene. I have fish before many times but never this big. After 45 minutes of fighting with this 65 kg (130 lbs estimated), my was exhausted. We finally got the fish about 5 feet away after few tries. The guide was getting ready to hook the fish and all of sudden the line broke. Eveyone on the boat was disappointed including myself. Our eyes popped wide open and our jaw dropped.

It was disappointing! Nevertheless what an experience and rush. Cabo is very famous for sport fishing and wild parties....LOL.... No pic but a video..... After that struggle, my arms were sore and have few blisters in my right fingers. Eventhough the big on got away, but the experience well worth the price and boat ride.

Did you know that several people have died when landing this fish? It can jump and puncture through your body with its sharp nose. But it's worth the effort & excitement, though. I always wanted to catch one of those marlin for my lifetime. 500 lbs is just so fine.