Quantum-Auto.com (Jake Breyck) No customer service to be found

Discussion in 'Vendor/Tuner/Shop Experiences, Members (Feedback)' started by MKII_Supra, Mar 30, 2012.

1. MKII_Supra

MKII_Supra Member

Mechanical Engineer
    I (Mike O'Brien) have been in a transaction with Jake Breyck (of Quantum-Auto.com) over the past two months about a w58 to 1UZ transmiussion adapter I was told was in stock and ready to ship out the following monday. The payment was sent on Feb 1st, and now on March 30, I have not had any responce from Jake in 42 days regarding my follow up emails I have sent regarding the money I sent him for my product.

The quotes below denote the email conversations that have been exchanged in full.

Amazing, how when I expressed my willingness to send him $345 of my money, he was able to respond within the hour to me.

I have no idea what my money has gotten me at this point. Although the money is somewhat bothering, the bigger issue is that Jake has completely wasted my time. I am sure many people can appreciate a schedule or plan that is detailed out when doing a major build, and how things can be ruined quickly when that schedule is derailed over a bad transaction.

I am not extremely angry, just entirely taxed and annoyed that I cannot move on with my build due to the false hopes sent by this merchant.

I hope Jake can still make good on this in a timely fashion, by either sending me my product or refunding me in full.

-Mike O'Brien

2. 4U2QUIK

4U2QUIK Approved Vendor

machinist
    Home Page:
    Hate to say it, but you should have bought your kit from me. If you can get your money refunded I'll have more plates machined next weekend.
    Also you can ask anyone that's ever bought a kit from me, I always return missed calls and text messages.

3. MKII_Supra

MKII_Supra Member

Mechanical Engineer
    No matter if this gets sorted out or not, I will most likely be getting what I need from you real soon. I simply can't keep waiting to get this important step of the build finished.

Thanks,

-Mike

4. MKII_Supra

MKII_Supra Member

Mechanical Engineer
    Today (March 30, 2012) at 8:17 PM, Jake (Quantum-Auto.com) refunded my original payment in full via Paypal.

Although it is not the way I wish the transaction ended, I am happy he made good on my request to either ship the unit out or refund my order.

Thanks to everyone for the help and support!

-Mike

/thread

5. cribbj

cribbj "Supra" Moderator Staff Member

Consultant
  6. MKII_Supra

MKII_Supra Member

Mechanical Engineer
    Well, my PayPal refund was pending untill today ( April 4th), but has now been pushed to "pending until April 17."

What a joke. What good is a refund if you don't have the money in your account.

Thanks Jake.

-Mike

7. MKII_Supra

MKII_Supra Member

Mechanical Engineer
    Just got an email from PayPal conerning the refund:

Sounds like Jake has already put my money to other uses for himself. I gave him an email, will see if he responds. If he doesn't, I will see about getting the authorities involved if need be.

Also, he appears to have two last names? (Buisness and contacts say jake Breyck, but Paypal says Jake Lindeke?)

-Mike

8. 4U2QUIK

4U2QUIK Approved Vendor

machinist
    Home Page:
    I have a full kit sitting here with your name on it.
    and I'll make you a deal, I'll send out the kit, and you pay me when it gets there. How's that for a confidence builder lol.

9. MKII_Supra

MKII_Supra Member

Mechanical Engineer
    What a joke. Live and learn everyone, I will for sure be a smarter buyer from now on.

4U2, I will be getting in touch with you soon! Also, what is your first name? (I like to be on first name basis)

-Mike

10. cribbj

Consultant
    Jake's business partner / associate "RedPhoenix" is still a member here and has been very quiet throughout all this, although his last visit to the site was as recent as yesterday.

You might try contacting him about a resolution.

11. 4U2QUIK

4U2QUIK Approved Vendor

machinist
    Home Page:
    My name is brandon woodrow james elzner. :) a little more than a first name lol

red pheonix (matt) pretty much has nothing to do with quantum, and is basically in shock at recent events. He also is buying a R154 kit from me....

In addition I spoke with two other people on the phone yesterday who jake owes parts to.....

12. cribbj

Consultant
    Since when? The early posts in the Jake Breyck - Quantum Auto complaint thread would indicate differently.

Perhaps he has nothing to do with Quantum Auto "now", but in 2009 and earlier he was actively participating with Jake / Quantum Auto on a "we & us" basis.

Have a look at post #4, which was by Matt, in an attempt to rectify another of Jake's/Quantum's "situations" involving a screwed up flywheel and refund: http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showpost.php?p=98995&postcount=4

13. 4U2QUIK

4U2QUIK Approved Vendor

machinist
    Home Page:
    a little correction...

14. MKII_Supra

MKII_Supra Member

Mechanical Engineer
    A few more details have popped up in a similar thread I started on celicasupra.com:

Original thread:

http://www.celicasupra.com/forums/s...(Jake-Breyck)-No-customer-service-to-be-found

Also, a good member on our forum who is local to Tampa (where Jake susposedly has been doing his "buisness") has been doing some research of his own on seperate forums.

At this point, I am reaching out to everyone on seperate forums who would like to pool together all the information we have about how Jake has frauded us all, and contact the Tampa police department. Remember everyone, he is runnign as a BUISNESS, and therfore can be subject to law by his local police. If anyone has any information, transactions, persons or details they would like to contribute, I ask that you please detail them in full (pool email converstations or transaction details into a single document or email) and email me (Mike O'Brien) at:

gibsonfenderguy2@aol.com

Hopefully I can get enough information to spark the interest of the Tampa police, and we can try to levy some justice for ourselves.

Thanks,

-Mike O'Brien

15. poweredby1uz

poweredby1uz New Member

company owner
    I would like to thank you mike I was just about to buy a full quantum-auto kit you saved me $1700

back to the drawing board I guess...

16. cribbj

Consultant
    Powered & Mike, please don't take this the wrong way, but with all the bad press about these guys and their company (not just here on Lextreme but elsewhere on the 'net) I really don't understand how anybody continues to be reeled in by them.

You'd think before someone hits that "Send" button in PayPal they'd do their due diligence and do a Google on "Quantum Auto" or "Jake Breyck" and see what comes up.

Not just these guys, but any vendor that you're about to send more than a couple hundred to......

Maybe we need to make this and the other Quantum thread a sticky to keep it at the top of this subforum to help those with short memories.

17. poweredby1uz

poweredby1uz New Member

company owner
    When I started researching my project time and time again Quantum Auto came up. When I searched Quantum Auto you get no bad feed back. Its only when you search Quantum-Auto.com you do. So that teamed with the fact I wanted to get the engine and box in I guess I rushed it a fair bit.

Also Quantum-Auto.com are the only company that would ship to the uk.

18. 4U2QUIK

4U2QUIK Approved Vendor

machinist
    Home Page:
    apparently you didn't search very hard lol. I've been shipping kits to the uk for the last 3 years...

19. poweredby1uz

poweredby1uz New Member

company owner
    Opps I thought I emailed you but I was getting it confused with swap1uz.com Sorry. I'm after a r154 kit I see you have them I'll send you a pm :)

20. SC400TT

SC400TT Moderator

Professional
    And I have met Jake in person...In Tampa. I saw his MK III with the V8 swap in it a long time ago. He seemed like a nice enough guy at the time, but these posts of consistent and outright fraud confirms that Jake and Quantum are extremely unscrupulous and prey on the unsuspecting that want specialized 1UZ parts for their projects. I agree with John...Sticky it and make sure we keep him off this forum.

If you guys want 1UZ parts, get them from David (Lextreme), if he has them. He always backs up everything he selkls...ALWAYS! Or, ask around on this forum for direction, as we care about the owners and their cars on this forum.

Ryan