LS7 or Viper V10

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
They both can be purchase in crate form. Which engine will you pick if you have the about 20K. LS7 is about $17K and Viper V10 is about $13K. You can really pick up great deals from wrecked Vipers. V10 engine with tran is about 10K. Instance 500 bhp from both engines but slightly more torque from the V10.

Maybe a better deal

David,

How about a GM Performance parts turn-key LS2 for $5,499 (400 hp) cam swap, Wilson manifold and throttle body and AFR heads......over 550 hp easy for around $10 to $12K. Might be a better way to go for the money...

LS7, all the way. much lighter and higher revving. not to mention easier to fit in whatever you want to put it into. and you can get ahold of a brand new LS7 for 13.5K.

id take the 2jzgte.

yes, i know its not on the list, please dont post telling me its not. i like both the viper's v10 and the vette's 427. but ill take forced induction, overhead cams and a bottom end thatll hold 800hp over those domestic pushrod dynosaurs.

ls7: lighter, smaller, exotic internals, revs to 7k, almost 25mpg, and doesn't sound weird like an uneven firing or uneven something v-10

LS7 Specs:
This latest Z06, billed as "the fastest, most powerful car ever offered by Chevrolet and GM," has enthusiasts looking for that kind of power in a crate engine.
This small-block V-8 dreams big, displacing big-block cubic inches at 7.0 Liters (427 cubic inches) and big-block power at 500 hp at 6200 rpm. It also benches 475 lb.-ft. of torque at 4800 rpm. Helping to create its high power and high revving capability are details such as cylinder heads with computer numerical control (CNC) intake and exhaust ports and combustion chambers - which creates ports with surgical accuracy for maximum power production. In addition, the intake valves and connecting rods are made out of high-strength lightweight titanium.
The LS7 engines are assembled by hand at GM Powertrain's new Performance Build Center in Wixom, Mich.

LS7 specifications:
Horsepower: 500 (373 kW) @ 6200 rpm
Torque (lb.-ft.): 475 (644 Nm) @ 4800 rpm
Engine type: Cam-in-block 90-degree V-8
Displacement (L/cu in): 7.0 / 427
Bore x stroke (mm/in) 104.8 x 101.6 / 4.125 x 4.00
Block: Cast aluminum with pressed-in cylinder
sleeves and 6-bolt, forged steel main bearing caps
Crankshaft: Forged steel
Connecting rods: Forged titanium
Pistons: Cast aluminum
Camshaft type: Hydraulic roller, 15 mm (.591 in) lift (intake and exhaust)
Cylinder heads: CNC-ported aluminum; 70-cc chamber volume
Valve size (mm/in): 56 / 2.20 (titanium) intake / 41 / 1.61 (sodium-filled) exhaust
Compression ratio 11.0:1
Rocker arms: 1.8:1; offset (intake only)
Recommended fuel: Premium required. 91 octane minimum

LS7 crate engine includes:
Intake manifold with injectors
Injector wiring harness
Fuel rails
Throttle body
Dry sump oil pan
Exhaust manifolds
Flywheel & clutch
Harmonic dampener
Water pump and pulley
Coil Packs, spark plugs and wires
Engine sensors

hnknrob said:
id take the 2jzgte.

yes, i know its not on the list, please dont post telling me its not. i like both the viper's v10 and the vette's 427. but ill take forced induction, overhead cams and a bottom end thatll hold 800hp over those domestic pushrod dynosaurs.

I understand what your tryin to say, but 7 litre V8 w/titanium connecting rods and forged pistons . . . I think the Vette motor has alot more power potenial than you are giving it credit for.

Jacob

Its too bad LS7 with all the goodies still have cast pistons. It would be nicer if LS7 with forged pistons. That will make a complete package. However, I think its cheaper after market support for the LS7 then the V10. However, the V10 does sounds great too.

you can just get some forged pistons made or order some forged pistons for a 4.125" bore LS1 and use those. they are the same base engine, the LS7 is just bored and stroked, and has a better head.

not the Viper V10, maybe a BMW or a Lambo V10(if you could get ahold of one). if a V12 fits, then so does a V10, depending on the displacement.

I really think the V10 will fit into a SC400 easily. Convert the standard fan to electrical fans and save you at least 6-8". However for the price and time, its cheaper to put twin turbo on a build SC400.

Now Lex that was not nice, making fun of my simple but yet troubled at times electric fan swap!!! :spankme: Just wait til you hear about my intense and yet vastly time consuming never before tried Supra Big brake swap on my sc400. The pictures and 100 page write ups are almost complete and ready for posting. You may have to start another forum up on the side after I post my 100 threads on the vastly complicated and carefully well engineered brake swap, stay tuned......he he....(yeah right!!!!)

Oh back to the point at hand, I am sure the V10 engine with an added blower on top will just slide right in the sc400 and maybe even the IS model too, no problem!!!! :alcoholic

I understand what your tryin to say, but 7 litre V8 w/titanium connecting rods and forged pistons . . . I think the Vette motor has alot more power potenial than you are giving it credit for.

Jacob
id just rather have a toyota engine thats capable of making as much power as id ever want between the fenderwells than a big honking piece of detroit iron (or aluminum as it were) to me the end justifies the mean, i dont care if its out of a 3 liter 6 or an 8 liter v10, if the engine makes the power i want, i dont care how i get it. i just much prefer toyota/ lexus cars with toyota/lexus engines.

hnknrob - Let me ask you this, which engine would be more manageable and reliable as far as tuning and least amount of problems, a twin turbo's build 3 or 4 liter engine putting out 600 hp or naturally aspired V10 putting out 600hp... I think the V10 would give you a lot less problems...