G'day and a request for information

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

pjarcher

G'day Guys,

I'll start with wow, there is a lot of information I this website and it's all aimed at making the Toyota v8 get up and go. Well done!

I'll be honest, until 6 weeks ago I knew very little about the 1uzfe, I still only know a fraction of information but as I work through my project my knowledge wil expand.

The project that I'm putting together is a 1962 International Pickup, the plan is a classic restored look with the slightest hint that something more might be hidden underneath. Handling and steering will be handled by Xj6 series 3 front and rear ends. The drive train is an automatic 1uzfe out of a 1994 Toyota Soarer. I have a long way to go, normal stuff, wear and tear, rust etc. I'm mocking it up at the moment, ti will be tight but the engine looks like it's going to drop down nicely around the jag front end which will put the centre of gravity nice and low.

I've searched the forum and I haven't found the answers to a couple questions.

1. What angle to set the engine at. Does it matter as much for an efi engine? Is the top of the inlet manifold parallel with the crank or is there another reference surface that I should use?

2. 1994 Soarer tailshaft, it is a two piece unit, does the short section attach to the gearbox or the diff? with the rubber donuts is the tailshaft designed to run directly in line with the engine or is it meant to be at angle?

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Peter

Hello Peter, just wanted to welcome you onboard.

AFAIK, the manifold surface is parallel to the crankshaft and should be a fairly reliable reference.

The 1UZ came with 3 different types of sumps and oil pickups, front, middle, rear, so as long as you keep the angles of inclination within reason, one of these sumps and pickups should suit you. As with most engines, it's setup to have a slight slope from front to rear just to keep the coolant bleed at the high point. If you do otherwise, you may need to add additional bleed points.

Cobb,

Thank you, I hadn't picked up I. The coolant bleed requirements. I have a centre sump, with the huge engine bay that I have on the inter, I have heaps of vertical space to play with.

Any hints on tail shaft setup?

Peter

Peter, just call me John :)

Member Gloverman is the man here for swapping 1UZ's into various 4x4's, Ute's, and adapting driveshafts, etc. He'll probably chime in soon.

I'm more interested in the engines themselves, and the ancillary systems (EFI, ignition, etc.)

Short piece to gear box and keep it inline with drive line because of rubber donut.Jag diff flange uses universal joint and Lexus prop has u-joint after carrier bearing,so angle not so important.....