Piggyback ECU Emanage and our V8- Got it working!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

curry

I know a lot of people have been asking questions about the compatibility of the emanage and our 1uzfe V8's. Now my car is a 1996 sc400 and for some reason I had a problem with the wiring... I shall explain below.

I decided to tackle this and see if I could at least get the A/F and injectors working.

Got up this morning and a few hours later I got it done.

I didnt do the injectors yet but I'm going to give it a shot next week or so.

A few things you need to note:

1. The A/F wire is NOT yellow/green. It is Blue with a yellow stripe.
2. The MAF is not a karman... its a Toyota Hot Wire
3. You must use the Toyota hot wire settings
4. The rotary settings are 8-2-3

I confirmed with both wiring manuals (92-95 and 1996) and the A/F wire was NOT yellow/green... I have no explanation as to why it is not... Unless my car really isnt a 96... and I doubt that lol.

I'll post up some pictures of the install and the tuning screenshots as I progress.

If you guys want to use the emanage for your 1uzfe turbos don't be afraid...

As far as injector support... If you're running big injectors and your not boosting insane PSI I see no reason for you needing to control injector duty cycle... I'm sure it will work on the emanage since it has support for 8 injectors... but its not a priority atm.

Timing... Meh thats another issue.

I'm wondering if this would benefit a n/a 1uz engine? I have an e-manage I got awhile back and I was thinking of using that on the engine for a slight tune, to squeeze out a little hp since I already have the e-manage. Thanks in advance.

The MAF is karmen on the 94? and earlier I believe. The Mk3 supra is karmen and you can swap with the sc400. The mk4 was hot wire I believe and that was 93.5 so I am not sure when the SC went hot wire for sure.

I think it went hotwire after 96. I haven't seen any 95's with a hotwire...

I'm wondering if this would benefit a n/a 1uz engine? I have an e-manage I got awhile back and I was thinking of using that on the engine for a slight tune, to squeeze out a little hp since I already have the e-manage. Thanks in advance.

A good emanage tune, coupled with a new exhaust and headers will definetly net you some power. Combine that with the BFI and you've already got substantial gains.

It has been done, I think a few of the aussie guys have dyno sheets and a few guys on the CL forums.