1UZFE exhaust experts

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

drifty325i

Hi,

Im doing my exhaust system for my Bmw e30 with a late model 1996 1uzfe (high compression). Now we have made very nice unequal length extractors for it as the factory ones could not be used and equal length was not an option. Our plan is to use twin 2.25 inch pipes then merge them into a 3inch pipe then into a 3inch resonator. From there carry on with the 3inch pipe into a 3inch single inlet muffler at the rear with twin outlets, does this sound like a good plan? the engine will be standard apart from intake mods,like deleting t/c,no a/c,extractors,and a full aftermarket computer,

Cheers for all your help

I'd say too big !!
A single 3" pipe can carry 600 HP !!
You might be in for a drone type noise , are you running a tri-y each side ?
Just remember that each side is only 2 litre's , have a look at some performance 2 litre extractor systems and see what size the 4 into 1 merge pipe diameter is , that will give you a good idea about size's .

I'd say too big !!
A single 3" pipe can carry 600 HP !!
You might be in for a drone type noise , are you running a tri-y each side ?
Just remember that each side is only 2 litre's , have a look at some performance 2 litre extractor systems and see what size the 4 into 1 merge pipe diameter is , that will give you a good idea about size's .

I would go for 2.75inch pipe but thats not availible in NZ and i didnt want to go for a single 2.5inch as its prob to small so 3inch is the go. As far as tri-ys on each side, we are going for a 4into1 collectors off each bank of extractors then into the twin 2 1/4 pipes.

Hopefully this will be upto the mark

Well, when I make v6 y-pipes, and now v6 manifolds. I merge my runners to 2", Y them, then transition them to 3" carried through the tailpipe.

Run your design by Vince @ Burnsstainless. He'll plug it into X-design & let you know.
The volume, length & width of your collectors is a big issue too.

Attachments

• spraying.jpg
    spraying.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 66
2.25 mandrell piping seems to be the best proven piping size to accomadate an 1uz-fe N/A motor... If boosting 2.50 or bigger....

Yes Im going to run 2.25 inch off each bank off extractors so thats all good,and there is no real bends needed as its a very straight system, but as my car is very small and low there is no room to carry on twin pipes all the way to the back so we have decided to merge the to 2.25 inch pipes with a y into a single 3inch then onto the mufflers from there. Do you guys think a 3inch is to big? or should i drop it down to 2.5 inch? my exhaust technition is totally convinced 3inch is the go

Hello - My van runs twin 2.25 into single 2.5 with twin mufflers and it is quite quiet - can't hear it at idle and goes really good. We have many customers with different cars running 1uz some with 2.25 into 3 and they go good, one has twin 2 into single 2.25 and it goes good. I think the tuning matters and motor condition matter more than the exhaust, they just make different amounts of noise. The system you suggest will work well and sound awesome - listen to your exhaust guy Cheers Kelvin

Drift are you building your exhaust for sound and noise pitch or best flow? High flowing Oval mufflers will take care of the sound part...For best flow, dump all the cats, stream line with 2.25 mandrell exhaust piping as much as possible, get the high flowing X member, and then maybe Tex, EKtuning, and or S&S Headers and you will be good to go... If you don't mind a little noise then get the straight thru circular mufflers instead of the ovals like I have with a couple of high flowing straight resonators too quite things down just a bit, and then you will have just about the best flowing exhaust systen you can get...

To see your picture I have to logout and go back to this page. Then I can click on the link which takes me to the next page where it says I have to log on to see the picture. I then log on again and can see the picture. The last pictures I uploaded do the same.