1UZ into 92 LWB Hiace

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
thanx very much for the reply, however for my set up, Vehicle based on the Mazda B-series, with the Mazda gearbox, and going lexus V8, dont know of anyone casting any bellhousings for these conversions, like they are available for others!!

besides like you guys did it,the other option is also a type adapter plate, however just to the front of my Bellhousing, where as you guys have the adapter plate behind the bellhousing!!

sadly looks like will be stuck with one or other type of adapter plate!!

thanx very much again!!

been doing a lot of thinking on this adaptor plate, its actually pretty simple is this case, as the starter does no need to be taken into account,as its on the motor!!
if its flat, and the crank and spicket shaft align 100%, then all should be ok
might even build my own!!

will be in toutch
sorry for the hi-jack

gret info and GREAT SITE!!!:D

Ok so hopefully this post will help anyone looking at sussing out the tacho (in my case a 1993 Hiace RZH113) issue using a 5V square wave RPM signal from an ECU. Ive been driving it around for 9 months now with no working tacho and thought I'd do some homework and get it sorted.

Background to all this shizz: The original 2RZ that came in the hice would have had a feed from the coil to the tachometer supplying it with a 12v voltage spike causing the tacho to correctly display the RPM.

Thats all changed though, Ive got another 4 cylinders (4+4=V8) and a Spitronics aftermarket ECU outputting a different type of signal better suited to newer tachometers / aftermarket units.

Problem solved: A Tach adapter is needed here! You have options too... You can Google the Megasquirt tacho adapter schematic and follow that through to make your own or you can look around and see what is for sale. I spent ages looking at different brands that do tach adapters but be aware that different tach adapers convert*slightly*DIFFERENT signals and this may not be clear when*browsing*the product on the web.... I came across 2 options I would and have willingly spent $ on... MSD tach adapter 8920 and the Procomp Electronics adapter, both retails for around US$70. I went with the Procomp, piss easy wo wire up taking about 15min to do a clean job... Ground , IGN , 5v feed and Tach out... easy!

vantachadapt.jpg

Tach works BUT next problem was the tacho reading 2X what the engine was doing... Why? because the ECU is sending out 1 pulse per spark, now the engine has 2 coil packs instead of 1 and so the tach reads double the pulses.. Well thats what I believe anyway..It needs adjusting to suit.

Problem solved: Now this worked for me , your Hiace / Hilux or whatever may be totally different but there is info out there regarding calibration using a potentiometer if your factory tach doesn't already have one on board, if thats a negative for you go hit up google....For me though, I went to Jaycar and bought a standard 5K POT just incase but to my delight after removing the cluster and undoing the 3 small screws from behind and removing the tach unit i saw a small white POT used for calibration. See below...

vantacho.jpg

Cool now that was done all I had to do was plug it back in, start the engine with the PC and tuning software going, look at the PC to see my RPM and twist the POT until I got the correct RPM on the dash, checked it through the rev range and bang , done!

Hope this has helped :D

It's been awhile since I've updated this build log now and honestly not alot has been happening. Got the van certed a few years back and just been enjoying it.

I have been going on about charging it for years now and finally decided to get into it... Small mod to the engine cover and she will be in!

m90mock1.jpg

It's been awhile since I've updated this build log now and honestly not alot has been happening. Got the van certed a few years back and just been enjoying it.

I have been going on about charging it for years now and finally decided to get into it... Small mod to the engine cover and she will be in!

m90mock1.jpg

Anymore shots of that SC manifold adaptor?

So the charger is all mounted and been running the van round just to make sure all is good before it's tune in the next couple of weeks. An engine cover hood has been fabbed up and basically I think I'm most of the way there..

Pretty excited to see what the whale puts out over and above the 226 rwhp it got during its NA tune. The log headers may well be it's downfall...

10599204_10152918408939562_3156005474767571782_n.jpg