1989 Toyota Pickup 1uz/Auto/dual t-case

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I would recommend 1UZ.. much easier and cheaper, lighter. Just depends how cheap that 2UZ is and if you are getting EVERYTHING with it.

Good work Extremetoy2000 - your brackets and everything look just fine to me - better than most swaps out there. :)

I would recommend 1UZ.. much easier and cheaper, lighter. Just depends how cheap that 2UZ is and if you are getting EVERYTHING with it.

Good work Extremetoy2000 - your brackets and everything look just fine to me - better than most swaps out there. :)

i would love a 1uz but up here in alaska not many 2wd v8 powered cars driving around. lots of tundras. i think i can get the 2002 2uz motor tranny, harness and ecu for a grand, then buy the marlin adapter to go to my gear drive case. i think that is a pretty good deal.

only 1uz i have found was in a complete car and they wanted 5 grand for it!

i would love a 1uz but up here in alaska not many 2wd v8 powered cars driving around. lots of tundras. i think i can get the 2002 2uz motor tranny, harness and ecu for a grand, then buy the marlin adapter to go to my gear drive case. i think that is a pretty good deal.

only 1uz i have found was in a complete car and they wanted 5 grand for it!

The 2uz has OBDII emissons stuff and won't hardly run without it so you need all of it from the donor. It also has a drive by wire throttle so you need the gas pedal assembly and need to figure out how to mount in in your truck. The 2uz block is iron and weighs about 125 pounds more than the 1uz.

Also, and I'm not quite sure about this. The vvti 2uz has taller cam covers and may have interference problems with the brake booster unless you install body lift.

The 2uz has OBDII emissons stuff and won't hardly run without it so you need all of it from the donor. It also has a drive by wire throttle so you need the gas pedal assembly and need to figure out how to mount in in your truck. The 2uz block is iron and weighs about 125 pounds more than the 1uz.

Also, and I'm not quite sure about this. The vvti 2uz has taller cam covers and may have interference problems with the brake booster unless you install body lift.

i thought they did not go VVTI in the tundras until later than 02? the motor i looked at had a throttle cable hooked to it and it did not look like a VVTI motor.

It is either a 2uz or ii have to go back to the chevy thing.....:(

here is the build thread for the last truck i built, next one will use that running gear with a v-8 and auto either toyota or chevy, hoping to make toyota work
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=750561

Last edited: