Search results

1. C

Project Thread Supercharged Supra

You can also drill an oversized hole and put a tube trough it (inside diameter as sensors) and weld it there from inside and outside the intake. For high boost, this is often combined with the reinforcement plate described above.
  2. C

Project Thread Supercharged Supra

Yes it is fairly common to use few holes and distribution block(s) or have a similar arrangement as for the injectors in a fuel system, dimensioned right, it will work but some ppl have had pressure "lag" due to holes in the intake that are to small and a to large "distribution cavity" to change...
  3. C

BMW V12 Project

This is a really good way of building a dry sump: http://rejsa.nu/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33359&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=42 http://rejsa.nu/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33359&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=63 All texts are in swedish but the pics tells more than a 1000 words. There will...
  4. C

Titanium Rods in a GM production engine

This car is AWESOME! Smallblock, 2400hp, has made close to 6 sec passes on PUMP GAS.... AND is regularly driven to and from the strip! (of course with little or no boost but really cool anyway) http://www.thestar.com/printArticle/189790
  5. C

Explosion

To blow the intake, it must contain an explosive air/fuel mix so with carburator(s) before the intake, it can blow, with injectors near the intake valve in the runners and "no" fuel in the intake, the risk would be slim. When using a wet nitrous system, especially with single nozzle systems...
  6. C

Certainly not stock rods in a 2JZ beeing pounded with 1450rwhp... ;) 2500hp is in the grey-zone, a really well built engine would still need to be rebuilt quite fast at those powerlevels, the rods should survive at least 50 2500hp runs at the dragstrip with a really conservative margin to...
  7. C

Destruction of Thrown Rods

Almost all car manufacturers are going that route due to enviromental concerns, ligthening the internals is one step towards less parasitic losses.
  8. C

BMW V12 Project

Yep, we built one of those G50/52:s using the same parts supplyer, fitted it to a 1000hp+ porsche 911 and it has been doing 5500-6500rpm banzai launches on the street and dragstrip with all from 500hp-960hp a total of approx 40 times now and the gearbox just keeps on going, before we found this...
  9. C

Forgot to quote, so just to be clear - I was replying to this post:
  10. C

Forget it, fully built CSB:s can take up to about 2500hp with the right selection of parts, those kind of figures are just a dream to a 2JZ wich costs double the money with half that amount of hp. Ok, we´re not talking anything standard LS at 2500hp, but the parts are there and the engine will...
  11. C

2jzgte or 1uzfe

A 2JZ pushing 1300hp is an engine doing its absolutley last breaths, ok it is good strong engine, but pushing things to those levls is only for the dynoqueens and with just about any standard engine we are talking about a lot of mods to get there.
  12. C

Ethanol and Methanol Q's

Just about everyone here in Sweden who are using gasonline are using Shell V-power, it is a very fine fuel and the higher octane is really working! More and more are going for E85 though, as it outperforms V-Power by far.
  13. C

BMW V12 Project

Cool! We also use that sideplate on a G50/52 gearbox in the Itsfun Porsche! =) Very good hardware!
  14. C

Project 1gz v12 jza80

I believe it´s a 60 degree V (correct me if I´m wrong)
  15. C

Project 1gz v12 jza80

What is happening with the little baby? Could you post some more pics for us? :)
  16. C

V12 from uzfe

Yes, of course! Cool! I have never seen a watt linkage that is positioned around the shaft!
  17. C

V12 from uzfe

Personally I´d like to have the new BMW V12 engine... no butterflies, only variable lift as throttle... :)
  18. C

V12 from uzfe

I think you´ll love thisone... All Carbon Skyline R34 with AMG V12 Quad turbo :) http://jalopnik.com/cars/custom-cars%252fhot-rods%253a-tuners/super-skyline-mercedes+powered-1000-hp-v12-151163.php http://skylinev12.neufblog.com/skylinev12/ It broke down when competing in "King or Europe"...
  19. C

V12 from uzfe

Yep, the long dark winters are forcing us to be creative.. ;) He´s not aming for max power but less lag, big volume engine, superchargers for low end torque and turbos for top end, the superchargers disengage at higher revs, I think he said that the aim was about 800 horsepower or so but the...
  20. C

V12 from uzfe

A crazy dude here in Sweden are in love with the BMV V12 and are putting them into just about everything... The threads are in Swedish but there are some wery cool buildup pics there! =) Volvo 360 Widebody, V12, Twin turbo, Twin Supercharger...