Search results

1. A

Beware! Conficker Virus

John, Thanks for that. I found cornflicker on a DataTraveler 4 GB flashdrive, made by Kingston. It was fresh out of the package. I checked it due to your warning. All other drives checked at my site. So far no infection.
  2. A

Hang on to your Emblems

I got these emblems from E-bay. They were plastic junk so I had some made from stainless that I will use. The photo is the stainless emblems.
  3. A

Which aftermarket coils / ign to get ?

Anyone have experience with Autronics SM4 ECU, a multiplexer and COPs (no waste spark)?
  4. A

"Coil on plug" coils for 1UZFE

John and Dave, I am kind of embassased to join in here due to how painfully long everything is taking me these days on my project but I am in the process of covering the valve cover valley and making a nice smooth mounting area for the Okada COP's I am using. Kind of what you planned John, with...
  5. A

Let's "Elect" the Next US President

The percentages of this poll may not be correct but it seems that the outcome may be. Question: What is the difference between a carp (fish) and a politician? Answer: One is a bottom feeding scum sucker and the other is a fish.
  6. A

When is Enough Enough?

With the topic being how much is enough, my answer is, for me, 500rwhp. My goal is not just a matter of slapping on whatever it takes to make a brutish amount of power. I set a goal for the power and have spent my time trying to come up with all the changes, modifications and parts to achieve...
  7. A

When is Enough Enough?

Justen, In reading your postings for the past two years I have come to respect your knowledge and accomplishments. I am just trying to do a project that interests me. I may be way off base with what I end up with and driveability but I can (de)tune for that later. It may just be a case of me...
  8. A

When is Enough Enough?

Not too interested in pub talk, 500 is just the goal for now. As I said, time will tell. Just like to see if I can do it.
  9. A

When is Enough Enough?

I am in the process of trying to make 500 rwhp, 1800 kg weight and 380mm dics with 6 pot calipers. Time will tell.
  10. A

Autronics?

I think TFE is Ray Hall.
  11. A

new guy saying "HI"

Welcome. Keep us posted with your progress.
  12. A

Autronics?

Can anyone tell me where the web link for Ray Hall and Autronics went?
  13. A

I laughed when I heard Rudy "had gone from toast of the town to toast". How fast things change.
  14. A

Interesting thus far with 13 votes. Looks like Giuliani's name will be coming off soon. Does that mean the votes for him will go to McCain?
  15. A

Porting intake manifold, larger tb vs. itb's

I read all this with great interest. For me I have elected to make my own inlet plenum and intake runners for a twin turbo 1UZ. Relocating a single 83mm Nissan throttle body to the front of the air inlet coming directly from the IC outlet. Low compression pistons and larger injectors was correct...
  16. A

This is a great thread for me as I am just getting ready to fabricate a plenum with a front mounted Nissan throttle body. It seems as though the plenum volume needs to be in the order of 40-50% of the engine displacement. Even with twin turbos is this correct? I believe it is.
  17. A

John, Calculated peak torque from a program that only looks at number of cylinders, engine size and intake runner area. Kind of Mickey Mouse to be sure. I am currently trying to make an intake manifold. Going for front mounted throttle body from a Nissan. The Lexus is 70mm and this is 83mm, at...
  18. A

Would the calculation of a 4.0 liter, V-8, with 40mm runner diameters be 5610 RPM peak torque, for a N/A application. Is that correct?
  19. A

Tech Line Coatings

Does anyone have experience or comments about Tech Line Coatings?
  20. A

Flexplate order of assembly

John, Have a good flight. I am pretty sure the flex plate has bevel on the gear towards the starter. Happy dyno testing next week.