Search results

1. T

1st Gen Tacoma w/ 2uz and R150- Lots of codes

I read about a guy that did a 5 speed swap in a IS300 that has the 5 speed A650. He actually tore apart the A650E, pulled the solenoids, wired them and plugged them in, got rid of the solenoid codes. I recall you still have to keep the engine thinking it is in neutral, though, to keep it from...
  2. T

1UZ VVti Wiring Diagrams (98-00 LS400)

Thankyou! I doubt you can assume so, but are the LS/GS/SC's pretty similar between ECU's and wire colors? If I do a swap, I'll TIS my info anyway. Just curious.
  3. T

SC400 oil filter housing ?

First, I dont have the answer. But why in all hell you need that? See is something fits? Also, you talking distance from the center ~axis~ of the crank or the center point along the cranks length?
  4. T

3vze flywheel issues

Well the starter solenoid only pops out the gear so far. Grab some pliers, pull it out and see how it lines up with the flywheel. I could be wrong, but I never read about anyone having to face the back side. Or perhaps some flywheels needed the flex plate spacer, or some didn't.
  5. T

A650 to VF2A surf transfer adaptor

The engine swap market would have a hard time paying for that. Though I'd love to see that product. So whats the conversion consist of? I would have thought an adapter and a different tail-shaft. But I suppose that doesn't mean some other random Yota tails-haft would swap right in. I dont...
  6. T

New old member....A650E to A750F Question

And for what is worth to anyone else, I read a bit of Toyota A650E and A750E/F material, it doesn't seem you could just splice connectors over. While similar in some respects, the cross sections appear significantly different. To the best of my minimal knowledge on A/T's, the different number of...
  7. T

Ok, thanks George. I'll get hold of you this summer if I need your assistance.
  8. T

Ok. Thanks for the info all around. You can do VVTi 2UZ ecu's as well, correct?
  9. T

George do you happen to know how compatible the US ECU's are with Japanese harnesses? I suspect they are not plug and play, but I think it is worth asking someone more knowledgable than I. Thanks for your assistance.
  10. T

Yes, I have read about your success in cracking it, so to speak. I read about someone else, but dont recall the name. I recall you do it for 150 USD plus shipping? Saw that somewhere last month. In a 4wd Tacoma, hah I dont need to be hitting 180 km/hr. 130 is scary enough in it stock.
  11. T

Been on here a long time. Started a 1UZ 77 Celica 5 years ago. Grad'd college, couldn't finish it because it was a rolling chassis and rapidly moved from OR to NY. While I accomplished a lot the car wasn't worth paying 1500 to ship over. It's sitting in the driveway of my parents place in...
  12. T

my 1UZ RA28GT

Very nice and thorough job explaining most of the stuff. How much room you got for the radiator? WHat radiator are you planning on anyway? I read on Toymods that someone said A70 radiators will dimensionally fit, but obviously mods need to be made. In my car the limiter to how far the...
  13. T

1UZ into my Off-Road Long Travel Tacoma

Nice to see it going again.... Was the Tacoma a 95-97? Thats what I thought the front bumper resembled...
  14. T

1UZ into RA28

So did you do it? Sweet. Lets see it.
  15. T

Tube size and Wall thickness for Roll Cages

If you are caging for racing...consult the handbooks for class limitations. Otherwise...a cage is better than no cage, right? You probably wont be cutting the **** outta the chassis...so to speak. What it comes down to is how much of a cage it will be. Yeah, larger stock canbe used with...
  16. T

hmmmm.........uh oh

On that---I'll find out the hard way. Change the oil and if it takes a dumb after driving thats that. It rolls fine as far as I see. Fro 7 feet....
  17. T

hmmmm.........uh oh

Ah ok diff mounts. THanks Chris.
  18. T

hmmmm.........uh oh

Holy **** am I excited. I picked up the IRS (JZA70 Supra). In GREAT shape I might add. I measured thee INSIDE width between those two parts of the subframe that stick out far forward. I needed to see if they conflicted with the chassis 'rails' on the underside. Inside width was 30" about. I...
  19. T

hmmmm.........uh oh

Need bracing eh? Like where? That wouldnt be too hard to do. Photo's? But yeah if it all goes well maybe it will be in my Celica in 6 months. Who knows. The car will surely weigh at least 500lb less than any JZA70. Yeah there arent many in my region. You can find those cars for dirt cheap...
  20. T

hmmmm.........uh oh

Ok so you know how Crambo (I think it was---thread here and on CelicaSupra) that is putting that Toyota V12 from a Century in his 2nd gen Surpa? Well anyhow he mounted a JZA70 rear sub-frame and suspension in his 2nd MA6x. Got me thinking. Well last year I considered a MK2 IRS but determined...