Tilt wheel help

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

6spdSC4

I've got the tilt steering column in my '95 SC and I'm having some serious issues with it. I used to have it set up where it would auto rotate up when I removed the key and go all the way down when I put the key in(That's how I feel most comfortable driving) and one day I got in the car, put the key in and heard this whining sound and the column never moved. It sounds like the gears in it are stripped or something like that. I ended up being late for work because I did not feel comfortable driving the car with the wheel all the way up so I had to take the panels off the column and try and figure it out. Well I know this isn't the right way but I got frustrated and broke out the 'ol Red Neck tool(a hammer) and hit the bottom where I heard/felt the sound coming from as I pressed the button to make the column go down and it worked little by little. Any thoughts on what I can do here? Is there even a way to replace just this part? Help fellas, my baby is fallin apart on me!

I know there is a motor in there, that wasn't my question. I just want to know if I can get it out with out pulling out the whole column or something like that. I've never heard of a tilt motor failing...

Hi spdsc4,
Just had a look at the column on my project if you remove the upper and lower plastic covers, it is fairly basic in there they have small motor like a window motor that drives the small tilt bevel gears, the bevel gears and shaft are shown in the centre of one on the attached photos,to fix it i would remove the steering wheel, indicator stalks etc that will make it way more accessable the motor just unbolts.
It looks like the worm shaft that the bevel gears drive has frozen up, i would not use the motor drive as the gears are small and may strip the teeth off, and that would be a major.
The shaft goes back into the brown steel casting in the picture, i would suspect the worm is frozen in the brown casting.

Best Regards
Lambo