1UZ into my Off-Road Long Travel Tacoma

What type of finish for the aluminum parts that are left?

• A gruelling smooth and shiny polish.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A nice even and bright abrasive sanding.

• A quick acid wash to bleach them nice and bright.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Hey Jibb, those rails have to remain so long to accommodate the motorcycles. The trailer is shorter than it looks. The deck could have been longer though... maybe build a plate to go in between the rails near the rear? No hurry =] I've been meaning to put some sealer on the decking as well. Alloy rims... that wide? I was thinking some new paint or coating. The beauty is in the simplicity. Independent rear suspension would just be for looks and would need a sway bar! Thus, being a waste of time. The thing is that EVERYONE tries to buy this trailer from me even when it was in bad shape. It will get stolen someday anyway.

All in good time, just like my truck project. :ponder: My water pump fully gave out on my Acura two weeks ago so today I'm replacing the timing belt, drive belts, pulleys, crank/cam seals, fuel filter and all sorts of things. I need to depend on that little car while the truck is in surgery this month. I have an appointment for a professional adapter plate to be made during the first week of Feb.

Little projects are why we are men! haha. I'm the tile guy, the arborist, deck layer, paver layer, fence/gate builder, house remodeller, electrician, plumber.... any excuse to use tools and chainsaws and I'm in! I'm sure you are the same way. The good thing is that we always have work. Happy New Year. This is the year my engine will finally be in my truck!! w00t w00ot.

Smithers - cheers mate, it sounds like we have alot in common...Give me some tools and a beer and I am in too...I can build a home (complete) if I had too... Infact I have...

Chain saws are fun but I prefer an axe...You say you are the tile guy, have you ever tiled with Mexican clay tile? Wet saw, dust, sealer, grout release,etc??? I just did an inside floor job on a million dollar property..Labor intensive....I Had to sand down each satillo mexican tile to a perfect finish, perfectly lay each 12" tile, seal and grout...Then come back and light sand the entire surface and seal again..... It was the best tiling job I have ever seen and done with clay... I got a write up on it which I am still proud of today. Needless to say I will never work with clay again..I still can't breathe from all the dust intake.... A little story I like to tell... Ceramic, slate, and marble kitchen and bathrooms no problem and even those driveways made with the red brick and floating cement designs is all good...JUST NO MORE CLAY!!!! Fence building is basic, brick and cinder block walls with rebar is a little more challenging, wood decking is a sinch, electric and plumbing can get you dirty and shocked but I will do it too...A little blue torch and some copper piping as well a some PVC piping and glue is not foreign to me..However, those under the house main line cast iron repairs can be very nasty jobs which I don't like...I defer that work when ever possible.. I just don't like wiggling around in peoples fecies under the house even with a plumbers suit on.. Electrical no biggie, I wired a house (new construction) a few years ago from the basement on up and didn't get shocked once... It's easy when it's still a wood frame construction.. Re-wiring an existing house gets messy, breaking walls, running leads,etc.. Good money involved though...Shall I continue?

Getting a little off subject sooo sooorrrry...I get fired up about construction and cars...

Hah, I'll call you when I decide to do some Mexican clay all over my new house! :naughty: I hear you on all the other stuff. Yeah going in for remodeling is a lot more delicate than just putting in new lines inside new construction - people have a hard time understanding why it costs so much. :sigh1: With all this nasty rain I have a feeling I'll be a'roofin this month as well. Hmmm clay/tile garage to part my baja style truck on.... now you're talkin!

Can't wait to get my truck done and come down to BS with all you Lextremers in LA. :party:

YES! Today was work on the Acura day. 4.5 hrs work and I got my little commuter car all pimped out with a new timing belt, water pump, bearings, seals, all pulleys, belts, fuel filter etc etc. All the valve noise is gone and it runs very quiet now. Throttle response is even better and I'm sure the mpg will be improved a bit. Check out how clean the engine is =] Run on synthetic oil since the day it was done breaking in. Mobile 1 racing synthetic the last 10k =D Mr. Clean inside and revvs like hell! Tough engine she is.

synthetic_4ever.jpg

Best of all I can focus on my truck now that the backup ride is in tip-top shape.

I'm always a fan of Honda engines. I used to boost them...So fun and easy to boost them. Swap a T3 turbo in there and that little engine can hang around with the SC430 or LS430 all day long. The cheapest mod is to use the T3 from an old Saab or Volvo.

Hehe no problem Big. Hey where is the video of the BT70??? That beast looks great standing still but with the V8 barking and those tires spinning it would be amazing to see. =o

Smitherz,

That engine is beautiful. I look forward to the continuation of this project. This is almost exactly what I have been looking to do with my Tacoma.

Have you gotten into the wiring yet?

Hey thanks I try. Since I'm using the Adaptronic ECU things will be pretty simple. I really want to keep this engine looking clean and simple. I can't wait to get started on tucking in the wires nice and tidy. Of course I'll have pics of ever move I make. I'm trying to finish up a couple of work/projects so I can get back on track with this truck. I haven't even had time to play with my Aprilia bike... got all new Ohlins race suspension waiting to put on. =]

In Kiwi land here is what we have been working on for ages.... the guys have developed this and a "W" series box bell housing..cheap as chips i think..:)
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-M...ngines-drive-trains/auction-117795108.htm?p=6

check it out and it should just bolt straight up..of cause with a new flywheel,clutch,etc etc..I normally cruze here for my bits and peices..

Hope this helps..BTW if you guys need anything over here I can try help out best i can (postage,freight what ever really)if you feel you can trust me..that is..

What have you decided to do about the transmission adapter? I too am looking to run the 1uz with an r150. I checked this link following your thread but failed to see who the manufacturer is.

I got that quote from this thread. I also thought you were planning an r150 for a transmission. Thanks for the welcome. I will not bother your precious thread anymore.

Alright alright no biggie. Here is a quote from earlier in this (notice I didn't say "my") thread. The point of all this is to help everyone so let's get back to work.
I have the sources to have a custom adapter made for me by pro's so they will soon be producing an adapter for me. This will let my W59 bellhousing mate right up to my 1UZ. I was thinking of finding a R150 trans or a new 6spd (from the 06 or 07 taco) but I'll cross that road when my W59 gives up. I want to test the limits of the W59 just for fun as mine has very low miles and is in great shape. The R150 has a different bolt pattern so they aren't interchangeable at all.
Here is what I'm doing when it comes to the transmission. to stick with the factory manual 4wd Toyota transmissions. To clear things up the R150 is the 2wd and the R150F is the 4wd. I'll surely be using my W59 initially as I want to see how it holds up. In the meantime I'll be keeping an eye out for a R150F to use later on. The good news is that I have the preferred gear driven transfer case and this will require that I buy an adapter to mate it to the R150F. Hopefully Advanced adapters can help me out with one of these. All in good time.

Oh and be sure to make your newb presence known in the General Discussions section - "Newbies and Introduction. Its time to brag about yourself. This section is also for general discussion that is not covered in any other sections. Anything goes." Tell us what your working on or planning on doing (sandrail?)

Here is something I have learned. If you have a good r150f and you can find an r151, you can bolt on the tailhousing to your r150 and direct bolt your gear tcase right to the tranny. No adapter. So far as I have found, the only bellhousing setup as of now is from au. As long as you have three pedals, it will always get my vote.

Ah that sounds like the way to go. I'll have to see what I can do there. I talked with a friend of mine that works at an awesome transmission shop. I told them to be on the lookout for either one of those transmissions for me. :wink1:

I'm all for making a bellhousing plate adapter. Spending $600+ for a bellhousing just isn't appealing to me. I've heard some mixed reviews on them and not very favorable reviews of the shops that sell them. I can't wait to make mine for the W59. I'll also be drafting up another one for the R series when the time comes. I love making stuff like that. It's going to look sweet too. Shiny Aluminum is always nice to see. I couldn't see using an auto trans. Nothing beats revving up an engine and tearing off some rubber.

A little of subject but I read this tranny conversation and it made me think about what happen to me yesterday... I would like to share with you folks..

Somebody just stole my blown SC400 transmission the other night that I had sitting in my backyard in the corner....It's unbelieveable that someone would have the balls to just open the back gate and walk in and lift the 100 pound tranny and walk right out with it... I actually live in a good area too and my backyard was secure as I thought...

I think I will have the last laugh as the person whom stole it probably doesn't realise it is blown...I was going to send that one into boost logic for build up...I am a little pissed off and had to vent on your thread...SO sorry...

Thanks for listening...

A little of subject but I read this tranny conversation and it made me think about what happen to me yesterday... I would like to share with you folks..

Somebody just stole my blown SC400 transmission the other night that I had sitting in my backyard in the corner....It's unbelieveable that someone would have the balls to just open the back gate and walk in and lift the 100 pound tranny and walk right out with it... I actually live in a good area too and my backyard was secure as I thought...

I think I will have the last laugh as the person whom stole it probably doesn't realise it is blown...I was going to send that one into boost logic for build up...I am a little pissed off and had to vent on your thread...SO sorry...

Thanks for listening...

Haha, the dumbass probably thought it was copper. :11:

Holy crap! People are sooooo desperate nowadays it's insane! What the hell? Stole some tranny out of your back yard... what a bum!! I hope someone isn't targeting you because of the car you are driving around. I would hate to think that they might want the good one from YOUR car next!! Be careful and don't get carjacked! I don't care if people post here anymore. That's why I have my own journal on my site. Just don't spam this thread with free male enhancements... I don't need any thanks! haha :fing26:

:eek:h: In the spirit of my upcoming work I want to get done on my engine I posted the latest info about the last bit of work I did on my engine which was installing the manifolds and injector rails just like Cebby is doing on his. Click here as these are some pretty good pictures in case anyone needs reference as to where the puzzle pieces go! I'm not trying to get people to go to my site or anything at all. It's just a ton easier for me to control my own posting without any time limits or anything :stups: *David* =] I post the short and sweet version of everything here for the love.