Project Thread Project SC400TT

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Interesting. I took the train from Cusco to Machu Picchu. Hiked up Diamond Head from Waikiki Blvd. Spent time at Sandy beach, toilet bowl, flew over the Nazca plains.

Now if I can just figure out how to adapt my side feed 1UZ throttle body to a front type. If I can find a way, I think it would be a very nice way to plumb up a twin turbo intercooler outlet (2x1) to the engine. I have seen the chevy TB on the 1UZ somewhere in the forum and will have to find it again.

Food is great here and the women better.

I believe the later model 1UZ is also a front feed. I do not know if anyhbody has adapted the intake to the earlier 1UZ...

Planning on visiting the Orient, will be checking out Thailand...WHat keeps you in that neck of the woods?

In case you might not have heard of, there's a fashion trend that skinny men are turned into beautiful women. You can only find out when it's dark. :crazy:

David,
I'm drooling because of your rods.

That would be scary...I have heard of such tall tales... :eek2: I will stick to the real deal...100% female...and the food...:)

Ryan

Ryan,
I am thinking about trying to adapt a front feed TB to my "97 1uz. No real reason except to shorten the piping from the intercooler outlet and make a more balanced look to the engine. I also want to have both valve covers exposed. maybe it is a silly idea.

I am a transplant from California. I have been working in Thailand for some time. I am an engineer in a power plant. Will retire here when my contract is completed in 2013.

Steve should remember that here in Thailand there is a saying, "the best looking woman isn't" (a woman). The language is gender specific. A man says the word yes (khrap) with a different word than a woman (kaa). What Steve is referring to is what is called "a woman of the second category"

Enough of that. I think Hillbilly took a side feed 1UZ inlet air chamber and modified it to a front feed type. I need to find out how that worked for him.

Andrew,

The front intake will not work on early 1uzfe heads. They have different lower intake. However, it you have VVTi heads then it might work. However, I think the front intake (TB) get too much of hot air from the radiator.

Lex,
I have not looked into this too far but what I am considering is to relocate the throttle body to the front using my existing '96 1UZ air intake chamber. I would route the intercooler outlet the the front feed TB. I think I would have to make a spacer plate to fit between the manifold and the air chamber. The photo of Hillbillys set up looks like adapted the Holden TB to the front of an early 1UZ air chamber and removed the idla control stepper motor.

Decided to pull out the stops on the gauges...Installing all DEFI gauges except for the AEM Wideband. Total of 4 Defi's and 1 AEM. Custom place for the other two locations...Watch and see...biggrin.gif

Defi Link Control Unit II and EGT Gauge
Defi_1.jpg

EGT Gauge
Defi_3.jpg

Wait until you see the paint...The company that is painting my car specializes in tuning all aspects of the car...They paint immaculately!! Their attention to detail is phenomenal, and they are in Florida...They will be doing some very special work on my car, and will also be coming out with some very unique offerings as well...biggrin.gif...You want to know who they are? Subscribe to this thread and follow closely...You will see after it is complete...

Also, I am working on the Control of the BL Built auto transmission, and I have found what I want to use to control the shift points along with the control of diffferent shift harshness dependant upon load and boost...This will be pulg-n-play along with my Stand-Alone ECU too. thumbsup.gif As this thread progresses into the cataloguing of the final steps of my project completion, I will reveal the many names of the masterful companies and manufacturers that have worked closely with me to bring this project to successful completion. There really are some great guys and companies out there.

More pics to come...

Ryan

My Relentless Pursuit of Perfection...

Wait until you see the paint...The company that is painting my car specializes in tuning all aspects of the car...They paint immaculately!! Their attention to detail is phenomenal, and they are in Florida...They will be doing some very special work on my car, and will also be coming out with some very unique offerings as well...biggrin.gif...You want to know who they are? Subscribe to this thread and follow closely...You will see after it is complete...

A top quality paint job really would do justice to your car Ryan, will just have to wait and see what you have planned.:hail:

Only got mine back the other day, just got to wait a little while till it can get a polish to finish it off.

Gang: I received the Transmission ECU...woohoo.gif Powertrain Control Solutions builds the best Automatic Transmission ECU on the market!! I am excited to add this to my project car. I am now even more convinced that this is the way to go instead of a 6 speed swap...A BL built A340 transmission and a PCS controller...biggrin.gifthumbsup.gif

Enjoy the pics, much more to come. Car is in the paint shop right now...thumbsup.gif

Controller
PCS_3_Comp.jpg

Controller and manual
PCS_2_Comp.jpg

For size comparison
PCS_5_Comp.jpg

Attachments

• woohoo.gif
    woohoo.gif
    6.4 KB · Views: 0
  • biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    1 KB · Views: 0
Gang, the Autronic SM4 is arriving at the dealer tomorrow, and will be shipping out to me, right away. They will ship the harness to Dr. Tweak of Phoenix Tuning, and he will work his magic on the Plug-N-Play harness for both the PCS and the SM4. I had Dave Frost of East Orange Customs weld an enclosure of matching sheet metal in the baffle area where the air box was. I did not like the way it was cut out to fit the 3" IC return to the Intake...The hole was gaping, and it would allow large amounts of water, sand, dirt, bugs, etc to pour into my engine bay. So, David welded it shut, and welded a 3" tube into the baffle repair, and now the structural integrity is as good as new in that area, and the steel pipe he welded will be primered with a special priner, and then painted with the same PPG paint. I will post pics up when completed. I know it seems like a little thing, but I am a detail oriented man, and I like doing the "little" things right just as much as the big things...
The engine bay should be painted this week, then I can install my engine and tranny back into place. I am looking forward to it. Then, my car ships to Driven Concepts in Tampa...I can't wait to see their completed work.
Ryan

Gang, one of the most important parts of my build has come in...The infamous Autronic SM4...I got it from TNT Motorsports in California, an authorized dealer for Autronic. The SM4 is not cheap, but it is by far, one of the very best in quality, features, flexibility, and reliability of any stand-alone engine management on the market...That is why I bought it.

It will work with the stock ignition system, or convert to CDI, if I want to. It will work with variable valve timing, and it offers traction control. It has a built in MAP sensor, so no MAF to deal with, and it has probably the best and easiest Auto-Tune feature of any ECU on the market. It offers very precise control of injectors and ignition angle at very low or high rpm or manifold pressures. This unit ensures excellence in how the engine operates at low or high rpm, so idle is also very smooth, even with the 96 lbs injectors I am installing...I could go on, but go their website if you want to know more...I am not selling the unit, I am just telling you a few of the many reasons why I "bit the bullet", and bought this ECU for the V8. Plus, several Aussies have used this very unit to control their Forced Induction Lexus 4.0 liter V8's, with great success...So that means there are several Fuel and Timing MAPs already in existance to start off with a Base Tune, before fine tuning. I will be able to literally upload the MAPs to the SM4 after installing it, and start the car and drive away within less than an hour of doing so. The car should start up, idle, and drive smoothly on the street. For boosting, I will still put the car on the dyno, to review the Fuel MAPs and to fine tune the Timing MAPs.

TNT drop shipped the manual, the sensors, and the harness to Joshua at Phoenix Tuning so he can work his "wizardry"...He now has both harnesses for the PCS ECU which controls the transmission, and the SM4. Plug-N-Play Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!thumbsup.gifbiggrin.gifthumbsup.gif

BTW, I saw my baby today...The engine bay is painted...Sweet!!!!!!!smile.gifsmile.gif No more dings and scratches from the poor quality workmanship of the previous shops who did not take the pride in their workmanship to be more careful about how they worked under my hood...Deep, dark, gloss Blackbiggrin.gif I did not have my camera, but pics to come soon...

SM4-2_R.jpg

SM4-1_R.jpg

More to come...wink.gif

Ryan

Attachments

• thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
  • biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
  • smile.gif
    smile.gif
  • smile.gif
    smile.gif
Gang: I picked up some of the chromed, polished and sand-blasted parts for my engine today...I have some pics for you. Keep in mind that I haven't learned yet how to set my lighting on my Nikon SLR, so the pics are only average...

Chrome_1_R.jpg

Chrome_3_R.jpg

Chrome_5_R.jpg

Chrome_6_R.jpg

This is the harmonic balancer...It cannot be chromed or anodized, or powder coated due to the rubber ring built into it. I had it sandblasted, and it will be painted.
Chrome_7_R.jpg

Here are the rest of the pics:

Chrome_8_R.jpg

Chrome_9_R.jpg

Chrome_10_R.jpg

Chrome_11_R.jpg

Chrome_12_R.jpg

Getting closer...biggrin.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Ryan

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
  • thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
Ryan, you are obviously not married, right?

Attachments

• pic03805.jpg
    pic03805.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 6
  • big nuts.jpg
    big nuts.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 20
If I'd put my car parts on our granite counter tops like Ryan did, the family "jewels" would have been dangling from the mirror in the wife's car the next day, hehehe.