1uz replaces 351 ford cobra in 2750 Bayliner

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Contact Karen Loff, from Ski-Masters water sports.

ph (425)481-2754
she gets all there parts from Bill Nickturn who runs Toyota Marine. He doesnt sell to the Public. There maybe a local supplier, just look up the epic forum for possible local suppliers.

The books did arive, good, but no price lists or diemensional diagrams.
I need more diemensions of the manifold, side profile showing how far the manifold rises and goes back past the back of the engine.
any sketches that you may be able to supply would help determine wether or not i can fit the manifolds to my boat.

Tell Karen that Paul the aussie sent you.

I will be ordering my parts in the next day or so.

Good luck.

Paul

How is the Bayliner conversion coming along? I would love to see some pictures of your progress.
I will have to get around to doing a bit of a feature on how I set mine up. Us boaties need to stick together and help each outher out!
Cheers,
Andrew.

Project Bayliner has slowed down a little.

I have put the engine in with fabricated brackets attached to the auto bellhousing, came up a treat. I dont know how to put the pics on this sight, is there an easy way?.
I now need to put heat exchanger in and oil cooler, but I am also biulding 2 units.
I was thinking of coffing up the 2 grand for the Hi-tek fabricated exhaust manifolds, they breath a lot beater than the $1500 log style ones. can any one add to this? The Epic ones from the states look good, but also look very restrictive. I am sure that the extractor type would be better?

manifolds

cars
i was going to get hytec manifolds aswell untill i spoke with liberty speed
the log style will flow just as well(on a supercharged engine) as the hytec, its the size and length of the exhaust after the manifold , 3" dia and no more length than 31"(im going this way)
hytec $2000
rolco $650
the cost difference is huge and they wont make that much difference(supercharged)
peter

I'm happy with the rolco ones, however watercooled extractors wouild be better.
I looked at the hy tec ones and back then, they were just a fabricated version of a log manifold from what I remember. Maybe a bit better than the cast ones, but probably not $1400 worth of performance value?

To post pictures, click on 'post reply' and then click on 'manage attachments'
click on 'browse' and select the files you want to upload. then click on 'upload'
If you picture files are too big you may have to reduce them to a smaller file size. I have a confusing way to do it but someone else may know a simple way to explain it!
Good luck,
Andrew

hey guys, you got another would be Lexus V8 conversion enthusiast. Currently I have a 180 Sea Ray 1993 model with a reliable but asthmatic 3.0 litre hooked to an alpha 1 sterndrive.
Im really enthusiastic as to marinising a 1UZFE. I think they are fantastic engines.
We dont need outright power we just need a fun day with power to spare. At the moment we are always flat out so its ineviatable the 3.0 will die soon especially since its been in salt all its life!!
Anyway from what Ive read the Rolco manifolds are the go and also I will need to marinise the starter and alternator. I just want to keep it simple at this stage and just use standard injection and ECU. I can also get a a mercruiser engine coupling hub for $50US and will adapt it to the flywheel. that will also mean buying the mercruiser engine alignment tool so it fits to the sterndrive ok. Will the engine rune with standard loom and ECU outside of the car. Or will I have to go a programmable ECU. I have tried this exercise with a racecar I have built and its a long process. Id rather keep it as factory as possible.
Anyway please keep the posts up its a great thread, Craig

http://lextreme.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=90
We have a marine section on the forum. Have a look through the articles here.
I have a marine version of the Autronic ECU on my boat, however the Factory ECU would probably work alright.
Have a good look at how much extra wiring and pollution junk you will have to put up with, because all this stuff clutters up the engine bay and is an opportunity for water to get into the connectors and wiring loom and cause trouble.
Cheers,
Andrew

Also,
The watercooled sensors are a problem if you are running 'wet' pipes (water injected into the exhaust pipes) with the factory ECU .The sensors will not tollerate any moisture on them, I toasted a $350 Motec sensor in 5 minutes.
I have an artermarket ECU put a 'dry' pipe on when I an tuning, so that I can use an exhaust sensor for tuning.
Not sure If you can 'trick' the factory computer into working without the O2 sensors. Try posting this question in the ECU section.

Thanks Andrew, have you seen any other sterndrive conversions or all Toyota V8 conversions you have seen have been velvet/shaft drive?