Project Thread Project SC400TT

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Another update

Lots of progress on the project...
1) Leather hides have come in, and they are very nice. The ones I had originally ordered were defective (harder and thinner than they should have been) and the manufacturer was great and took care of me very professionally. These black leather hides are a fine grain, soft and supple to the touch and are perfect for my planned reupholstery design for the car.
2) Finally decided on wheel sizes, Front: 20x9", ET 37 with a 2.5" lip, Rear: 20x10.5", ET 42 with a 3.5" lip. Tires will be 245/30/20 in front, and 295/25/20 in rear.
3) Remaking the gauge pod front plate. It will be thicker, and more contoured in design. It will no longer be in a burl finish either.
4) Organizing the vacuum tubing and the wiring so that much of it is hidden or very clean to view.
5) Modified the stock engine bay covers to fit around the SS braided hose and AN fittings. making custom fabbed engine bay covers to cover up a lot of the accessories under the hood to give it a clean appearance.
6) Replaced all the cheap air filters with K&N.
7) Replaced the Innovate LC1/analog gauge with updated Innovate Digital set up.
8) Modified Cowboy's billet dual Walbro pump hanger to fit dual Denso Supra TT pumps.
9) Selected Car O Van to glaze, buff, wet sand and buff the paint. they will also repair slight damage and nicks to paint and paint my rear Fujin Lip, front bumper and mount my emblems and hood vent grills. The reason I chose them is they are located in central Florida area, and they painted all of the custom stereo parts in my car,o I know their quality of work.

Pics to come soon.

Ryan

Update with pics

This is without the stock covers, and with DEI high heat wrap over the spark plug wires. Notice the injector leads on both sides as well as the area around the IACV.
01eda4a7a32076367a1163ff9abafd48.jpg

now with trimmed engine mounts which will be coated for final product.
5a9b8ea56c1799a407ab7b968dd4c362.jpg

New billet cup being machined for dual Denso Supra TT fuel pumps.
fa0ec5aa9b3620e23530a8c6b60ad7e3.jpg

New K&N filter for IACV. Notice the unwrapped and uncovered spark plug wires.
d39c444b0d54b0b5db3b43b9d0d88ceb.jpg

Notice the whole area in front of the IACV with the covers in place.
2f16f9a5fe5b550d15d7a7cbd28ecb00.jpg

Ryan

Notice K&N filter in far back for oil catch can.
1136ebe3f112e62b15bf778fee0ed20b.jpg

First cover being fabricated.
6c246dfe00b506ba1362724f7dfdbaa7.jpg

2 more covers now fabricated. Almost completed with engine covers.
a27e376b2ca2f242ceb61f6a62934c5d.jpg

The car has been being worked on for a while now...All parts will be cleaned and detailed. covers polished and coated. just showing you some progress.

Another set of new and gapped plugs have been installed. This is so Darin can do final tune.

Stay tuned...

Ryan

A few more updates with Pics

A few more updates (Pics), cutting to the wire for the show...

All 4 engine covers now fabricated and test fitted:
d5fe0a0d4ab3dc3dc0191aa9cd2f9d82.jpg

Powder Coated (Bad lighting and some shadows showing):
2164f951f92b4bbfe8d99ec97a68b330.jpg

DEI High Temp Heat shielding:
b642a298674db1591c60afbb2ddd265d.jpg

Turbo shields as SS and will be polished:
0ea3384131b72d4fd2acd2aa2cf58c77.jpg

Coil Pack and leads shielded:
94396132aa7e7a57b3820c5caea47e03.jpg

Ryan

Interior updates

Here are a few pics of the new leather and pattern, SC430 seat cushions being modded and gauge pod being reworked. Note the grain and quality of the leather...I will have enough left over to do another SC. Side bolsters on SC430 seats will be one piece, not two, as in original design from Lexus...

Pattern:
fea01bb582fd0d3d69039b28c7ddb728.jpg

bd90afc0b5df2f9ae67029cd2670cabb.jpg

2d5be65c05f769aa0e3275f7bff5aba9.jpg

Pod faceplate will be 3 dimensional and not flat. No wood, Satin Black finish. This is the base, the sides of each aluminum ring are being built up and contoured:
a930277de7090762e409d50c2b1c34e4.jpg

Welded on the rings:
a7b25b451b01968bda6a2b965b9ffea0.jpg

ryan

Heat Shielding Pics

More heat shielding...The front mounted turbos create massive heat, so the car has been carefully gone through and had the SS braided hoses to the transmission and the fuel return replaced with new ones, re-routed and wrapped and shielded for added protection. Should be no issues at all now...

45cfc0545cc28e7408681f1bafaeb881.jpg

3ff3106bf583d9512476a56147226406.jpg

470fe2845d1eb2a71643a75cd46c30e0.jpg

879a21cefc9e30c16459769529fc6424.jpg

9852bdf7ca363c5b58eadc8faa3a3653.jpg

Ryan

the problem your going to face is the heat can't escape, a mate had a single turbo L98 6ltr supra and after an unrelated incident when it all got pulled down all the wires (Tefzel!) where starting to melt behind heat shields and firesleeve.

the only way i have seen front mount turbo v8's work well is when all lines are hard lines and anything plastic is moved out of the engine bay.

example:

http://www.nelsonracingengines.com/the-gallerry/NRE-Twin-Turbo-LSX.html

Ceramic coat hot parts, some shielding and have elect wires at least 100mm away.. That crinkle cover conduit doesn't stand any heat, just cable tie critical area..

Is there any kind of turbo blanket underneath the metal heat shields? Adding a blanket in between would contain even more of the heat.

The best mod I ever did to drop underhood temps was adding a true drop vent hood (seibon TS-II) for the SC. The vents are placed directly above the turbos and allows more cross flow (and reduces front end lift). I never had turbo heat to worry about (centri blower) but adding the hood alone dropped temps enough to where you could leave your hand on the blower w/o burning hands. Previously, your hand would catch fire it due to the heat soak. You could also see massive heat waves rush out of the hood at stop lights. The 2 vents at the rear of the hood definently help but maybe they are to far away? Its too bad you are not near Davids area as I could have let you try my Seibon hood (sold my SC, hood is just sitting) but it sold it last week. Car looks beautiful BTW.

the problem your going to face is the heat can't escape, a mate had a single turbo L98 6ltr supra and after an unrelated incident when it all got pulled down all the wires (Tefzel!) where starting to melt behind heat shields and firesleeve.

the only way i have seen front mount turbo v8's work well is when all lines are hard lines and anything plastic is moved out of the engine bay.

example:

http://www.nelsonracingengines.com/the-gallerry/NRE-Twin-Turbo-LSX.html

Thanks for the link. That is why I vented the hood. Will vent it even more if I need to. Rerouted plastics much farther away...

Ceramic coat hot parts, some shielding and have elect wires at least 100mm away.. That crinkle cover conduit doesn't stand any heat, just cable tie critical area..

All hot parts are double ceramic coated...hopefully, the critical stuff is now far enough away...

Is there any kind of turbo blanket underneath the metal heat shields? Adding a blanket in between would contain even more of the heat.

The best mod I ever did to drop underhood temps was adding a true drop vent hood (seibon TS-II) for the SC. The vents are placed directly above the turbos and allows more cross flow (and reduces front end lift). I never had turbo heat to worry about (centri blower) but adding the hood alone dropped temps enough to where you could leave your hand on the blower w/o burning hands. Previously, your hand would catch fire it due to the heat soak. You could also see massive heat waves rush out of the hood at stop lights. The 2 vents at the rear of the hood definently help but maybe they are to far away? Its too bad you are not near Davids area as I could have let you try my Seibon hood (sold my SC, hood is just sitting) but it sold it last week. Car looks beautiful BTW.

Yes, turbo blanket going under hood. Will vent hood more if necessary.

Ryan

Last edited:
The SBN (Spring Break Nationals) are nearly upon us...This Saturday. I have to roll the car in between 1 pm and 6 pm. A lot to finish...it will go down to the wire. Late nights coming up, especially this Thursday evening. The front seats should be complete as they were being final fitted yesterday afternoon...They were getting the wrinkles out. The rear set covers were already cut, stitched and ready for installation. They also were working on the front and rear door panels and the center console...the whole thing should come together nicely and flow well...

Front seats (Wrinkles still have to be removed:
bd74550996ab6eaa228d085d86a38df4.jpg
d1672b5961d1d70a4fe5aedbbace6996.jpg

The car was in the paint booth yesterday for final paint repair to it. Final sand, buff and glaze to be done on Tuesday and Wednesday.

In booth:
ea53fca79ae310279efe44d2a9017f54.jpg
116bad4c96495b42e47245b4536a931c.jpg

Once completed with the paint shop, back to Raw Brokerage on Wednesday afternoon for final mechanical and engine bay work...The final and Big Tune by Darin will have to come after the SBN as there is no time to get it done before.

Much, much more to come...

Ryan

Last edited:
360 Forged Mesh 8 Wheels

Wheels are made and shipping out tomorrow...Here are some low res pics...

20x11 rear:
a7ebaeb5e9aa7ee0d69941f9e42110a0.jpg

20x9 Front:
91d9b3fc0a8f430a07a27d3ccc840c03.jpg

Ryan

Last edited:
Denso Supra TT pumps Vs Walbro 255

Hey gang, I noticed a definite change in fuel flow, even at start up, after changing out and replacing the 2 Walbro 255 pumps with 2 Denso Supra TT fuel pumps. Flooded the engine trying to start it. Had to lower pressure on the fuel regulator so the car would start. I think John Cribb did a flow bench test on several pumps, including these 2 some time ago. I will need to look them up and see the difference. This seems to have affected the tune a little.

Anyone have thoughts on this out there?

Ryan

I have been told that the denso supra pumps are capable of higher pressures when compared to the walbro. The original regulator setting could have caused the higher pressure.

Nice! Those Walbro pumps were the only thing that wasn´t a 100% quality product on your car.
Denso performs better and are far more reliable than walbro´s.
Remember that these pumps have two speeds on the Supra TT´s, maybe that high current at start made that difference.

Hey gang, my first official show. I haven't been judged yet, but whatever happens, I am excited to be there and to anticipate. It was a huge amount of work and effort by many fine people...To the guys at Raw Brokerage, thanks to Dan Osypian, Fernando, Sean and Ricky. Special thanks to Dan for working late many nights to get my car done. He barely got sleep or family time for the last few weeks. To Fernando, great to get to know such a great guy...He stayed up all night with me on Thursday to get the car completed. I could not have. Finished without him.

To the guys at Car-O-Van, awesome work! You guys are not a simple insurance shop, but an awesome custom shop with a can do attitude. Special thanks to Chris, Sam, Manny, and "giggles". They worked tirelessly to ensure my paint and body work was completed on time. I would recommend them for any level of paint and body work needed.

Thanks also to Alian Bandamo at 360 Forged for the awesome work on my wheels and getting them finished in time. The wheels look sick!

Here are a few pics. Also, this thread is about to be finished after so many years and posts...Thanks CL and CL member for supporting my efforts to get this project to this point. I will get a clean and proper Dyno tune soon and ps that up. I will start a new reveal thread with high quality pics, but for now, enjoy these...:)

Ryan