Search results

1. webbie

4x4 1uz gearing?

I did the calcs when I did mine and 4.3 with 31" tyres gives you the same as the car it came from (mine was a crown). 4.56 with 33" is the same as 4.3 with 31". Depends how big you go, but ATM i've got 4.3 with 31" and i'm sitting about 2grand at 100-105km/hr.
  2. webbie

Strange "ticking" noise when running

Strange "ticking" noise when running. Ok, if you've read quickly my problems above, here's what I found. I decided that the engine needed to be removed as I wasn't certain what the problem was. Here's what I found: This is cracked all the way around and held on by very little metal...
  3. webbie

Thanks for that. What would cause it to break? Does this happen often enough not to worry about it?
  4. webbie

Ok, i've done a bit of a search and gained some info, but would like some opinions. Here's the story. All of a sudden my car makes a ticking noise for no reason, ie have'nt changed anything, normal driving ect. I have tracked it down to the gearbox/engine interface. I have removed the...
  5. webbie

1UZ Oil Pressure figures needed.

I used the 2.4L (2LT) diesel guage and sender and it reads fine. Sounds like there is an airlock or something. This happened to mine at first, but came good after a few minutes. Cheers.
  6. webbie

Keepin Your Cool With Alloy

I was pretty lucky that this wasn't the case, only really lost the little bit between the bottom of the 2 fans. This is also my mounting method, as i wasn't really keen with plastic things through the radiator. Cheers.
  7. webbie

Keepin Your Cool With Alloy

I have rang several 'alloy' radiator places and this is exactly what they said. He said that although he wanted to sell his product, it wasn't really going to fix my/our (Lexus-Hilux/Surf combos). Things which I have done (which most also recommend/ask) is: Space rear of bonnet to let hot air...
  8. webbie

1UZFE into 1973 Falcon Hardtop

Just another post to say top job mate. I love to see really clean cars, inside and out. Nice tail lights and dash. Cheers.
  9. webbie

mazda b2500 with lexus v8 conversion

Talk to Scott at Venom Custom Fabrications. He's got one as his daily driver/part's runner etc. His has got the auto though. P.S. He's a member of this site, but cant remember his sign on.
  10. webbie

truck swaps - how did you do cooling? WANT PIcS

SuperRunner, sorry for the late reply. Yes, I am running the stock (diesel) radiator. Its prob best to show pics. Excuse the A/C hose just hanging there. I can't answer this directly. Yes it did move rearwards (35mm) but that could have been due to going from manual to auto. The motor...
  11. webbie

truck swaps - how did you do cooling? WANT PIcS

I've got 2 x 11" 'pusher' thermo's on mine. Never had prob on road - ever. Give it as much curry as you want, only ever gets to 100, stop at lights back 92 deg (sensor is on outlet of engine). Only ever got hot when on very soft sand. Would get to about 110deg and pull over to cool down and...
  12. webbie

No fuel after fuel pump - Surf 1UZFE

You'll find a good spot just behind the tank near a round x-mem that has enough room to mount a 800-1000mm surge tank and pump. That's where I fitted mine and I would take some pics, but dont have my truck here with me. EFI are not really designed to "lift" and as such should have either very...
  13. webbie

Crown ECU /Fuel Pump Question

Quick picy of what Zuffen is talking about.
  14. webbie

Trouble with alternator wiring in hilux

I turfed mine ext reg. Was easy to hook-up without, but cant remeber off the top of my head to give you wiring info. Can look and take photo's if you really want.
  15. webbie

Conveting diesel to petrol v8 in hilux

I just used the standard fuel lines. Mounted the pick up pump under the access hole, surge tank mounted on brackets at rear of fuel tank (nice and close and protected) then fuel hose to existing diesel fuel lines. Those lines should flow enough for about 350-400hp. Then hook up the charcoal...
  16. webbie

1uz Fuel Economy

I get about 13-13.5L/100Km on highway in my Surf (LN61) running on 31's if that helps. Cheers
  17. webbie

Time to start fitting 1UZ into my hilux

This is exactly what I did on mine too. Heres a pic of it if that helps. It has been flanged at the engine and just after the cat. It's twin 2" into 3" cat, then 2.5" after the cat. Cheers.
  18. webbie

92 Aus spec 4runner

For me, pain-in-butt! Just trying to find the lasy way out of things is just as fun as doing it correctly, cos the path you have to take needs research and that's fun in itself. Madmont, are you not going to Cruiser Park this weekend for 4WDMonthly meet? Cheers.
  19. webbie

92 Aus spec 4runner

Ah, that would make sense, as I am only running the speed sensor on the t'case as the only speed sensor. Oh well, guess i'll be off to Jaycar for a second 'speedo correction box'. Cheers.
  20. webbie

92 Aus spec 4runner

Cebby, Yeah, I think that the A343F is the stock g'box for that model diesel surf. There is a thread somewhere, but basically the same as yours (A340F), but the last number 3 indicates a ratio change. He was using the fact ECU & ECT out of the Crown, so I dont know if that causes a problem...