Search results

1. B

Alternator diagnose help please.

I'm using a rebuilt alternator in my LS400 91 model. No PS oil leak. Wire connections are ok. Belt is tight. After about 8 miles of driving, 5 dash lights come on. Batt, brake, oil, coolant, rear lamp. If im stopped at a traffic light they go off but on acceleration they come on again...
  2. B

How to change engine mounts

Here is how I changed my LS400 1UZ-FE motor mounts. Motor mounts changed - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion Hope it helps...
  3. B

"Stuck" tach?

Its the old lube turned sticky like i said before. You can try to fix it by pulling apart the cluster but i dont recomend it. Just leave it alone.
  4. B

"Stuck" tach?

Its the old lube turned sticky like i said before. You can try to fix it by pulling apart the cluster but i dont recomend it. Just leave it alone.
  5. B

LS400 High fuel consumption

Thanks, Air filter is new. Today I checked out throttle body and it was very clean. MAP was also very clean not a spec of dust. I put a blockage in the vac hose that goes from PS to intake manifold. Did I do good? Should I try to replace the leaking seals in the power steering...
  6. B

Thanks Lextreme, Since I will be doing it my self, what do you think is the best way to fix it? Buy remanufactured? Used? Repair existing? Kit? Any advice on the fuel consumption? Thanks a lot.
  7. B

Hi, I'm a new owner of a 91 LS400 in large part due to this forum. I'm very happy with it so far. There are some things that the car needs done but I just don't have the money to have a lot done, I can barely afford gas. I prefer to buy tools than pay a mechanic. Here are my questions...