Search results

1. ZLR32

Blk/Org wire - fuse blown..

Thanks for continually trying to help me with this, I really appreciate it. This afternoon I found that if I blocked off the air supply to the IAC valve, that it idles perfectly- so I have been googling this. I will dismantle and clean and report back and that - and also follow your advice to...
  2. ZLR32

This is easier to hear the problem:
  3. ZLR32

Hello again, guys. I haven't had the time I'd like to spend on this - but anyway - I managed to get the engine to start now. Probably just by luck to be honest, whereever that short was - it seems to have just magically disappeared - I probably just moved something that has made it go away...
  4. ZLR32

Thanks for the replies guys. Looks like I am just going to have to work through it as you say... the idea of a short "somewhere in the wiring loom" scares me a little.. Great idea about the bulb for helping locate it.. I've been using a multi-meter - but a constant light while I go...
  5. ZLR32

Hi guys, I'm really new to the 1UZFE, and have one installed in an old 1986 Merc G-Wagen. The install was done some 10-12 years ago, not by me. So I am trying to work out what is Merc wiring and what is 1UZ wiring inside the car. Anyhow on to the problem. Car was driving along fine and...