Search results

1. M

1uz wiring question

no worries, and again, my bad, should have mentioned I was talking about US spec. got a question that im going to send you a pm about.
  2. M

1uz wiring question

sideshow.....sorry, should have clarified, Im in the USA, so I was referring to USA cars. Again while im not entirely sure of the year, it had to be by 1996 at the latest, as any new car sold in USA starting in 96 had to be OBD2 compliant per federal regulations. Unless we are talking about...
  3. M

1uz wiring question

finally back... Im not completely sure, but I would assume they are quite different. From my research, here in the US, 95 was the year Toyota switched the 1UZ to ODB2, so im thinking that they are quite different. (94 and earlier that is)
  4. M

Fidanza Flywheel & Clutch for Landcruiser V8

sorry for the long delay guys, ive been busy with moving to a new place, birthdays, holidays, the lake, a boat, and oh yea, work! Anyways, im back, and im about to get back onto this project with fidanza
  5. M

Tri-B---Brads BMW Build

this is off topic, but I had to vent somewhere: I missed buying the factory electrical wiring books for the following: 89 ls400 92 ls400 93-94 sc400 96 ls400 97 sc400 2001 gs430 2003 sc430 these were all on ebay, and I could have picked them up for about $40-50 shipped for all of them....and I...
  6. M

hmm, maybe it was a typo, and he meant 245mm? Ill ask..it is possible that the typo is that if fit the 4.7...because it is also supposed to fit the 5.7..which I thought was a bit odd. Im wondering if the new 5.7l uses a 345mm, and part 130081 is really just for it.
  7. M

hmm..well this throws a wrench into one of the options. Fidanza part# 130081, which is the flywheel made for the land cruiser 4.7, is listed as having a clutch bolt circle diameter of 345mm...which is way bigger than what we are talking about here, so im going to guess that the 2uz must have a...
  8. M

1uz wiring question

Anodyne, thanks, im sure those will come in handy!.. let me ask this...as the sensors are all the same for the obd1 engines...lets say I'm going to build a custom harness, and could pick any obd1 ecu, but it had to be USA based, which would be the best to go with? This limits me to 89-94 ls400...
  9. M

looks like I was wrong on the Bronco 2..while the google search for 10" clutches I did showed results for it, if you get on ebay, all the clutches available for 2.3 up to 2.9l broncos are 8 7/8"...the search continues..
  10. M

John.. Thanks, if this really does happen, the real thanks will go to Brad@Fidanza, he could have just blown this off, but decided to take a look at it, and really start to get into it. That makes sense on the step heights...ill send him the info you send me. Yea, I knew the diameters...
  11. M

Ok..Ive been working with Brad @ Fidanza, and while there are no promises, we may actually get this made. He is at the point of having some designs in CAD...Im about to ship them my flexplate for possible mock-ups. So I need to ask a few of you guys that are experts with these motors a few...
  12. M

well, my pitch to Fidanza is sent..we'll see what happens. I doubt they do anything with it, but hey, you never know
  13. M

Exactly!! this seems like a no-brainer to me, but I dont run their business. Good point, I will include 2jz in that. In fact, if we could have it drilled for: 3sgte 7mgte 2jzgte that would probably cover 99% of what is used, and all those clutches are widely available, and they...
  14. M

hmm, I cannot seem to edit my post: btw, I'm referring to the 7M-GTE Supra in the above post.
  15. M

Ive been going back and forth a bit with Brad from Fidnaza, im going to shoot him an email Monday with my full sales pitch. I'm going to do my best to convince him that Fidanza should build a flywheel to suit the UZ series engines, and drilled for a supra turbo clutch. I'm still surprised...
  16. M

BMW E36 1UZ swap info

Hi, Yea, ive read or been told most of what I need to do now. Robert, the guy that did this in an E36, kindly sent me some pics and has been answering questions for me. The thing im suprised the most about is the sump. There appears to be plenty of room for the rear sump, but he had to go...
  17. M

3S-GTE heads on 1UZ-FE?

That would be nice if it was. Im not thinking of head swapping or anything, but I may have just found a cheap, forged, stroked crankshaft for the the BMW M42/44...the toyota 5S-FE crank. forged from toyota, 91mm stroke, and I think the mains are a mm larger than m4*, which means they could be...
  18. M

Here is what Fidanza responded with: Hey Brad, Thanks for contacting Fidanza. This flywheel will already have a ring gear installed on it. The clutch pattern should be the same as a factory clutch. The clutch bolt circle diameter is 345 mm (13.5826"). needless to say, I dont think that...
  19. M

the distributor didnt know too much about it, but im waiting on a response from Fidanza themselves. I asked about the ring gear and what pressure plate it is drilled for. Once I find out, ill post the info here.
  20. M

Parts 1uzfe complete front sump

Ive got a complete front sump setup for sale, includes the the aluminum spacer plate, the stamped sump, the windage tray, oil pickup tube, and oil level tube. shoot me some offers..willing to ship anywhere at buyers expense..im in dallas tx...