Search results

1. M

Careful when buying your engine: dents on ECU

Yeah well it had leaking caps.. a smashed one (yes i think it got under an engine or something) and the board was already curved even taking it apart. so it sat like that for years probably. Now its up and running. :D
  2. M

Careful when buying your engine: dents on ECU

Sadly i learn't this the hard way and had to replace the ECU. The ecu was "dead" only would turn on M-rel but not even the check light would come on.
  3. M

Looking inside a 1UZ ecu

Can you do that? A hardware mod on the stock ECU so it can be programmable? To get higher RPMs and such?
  4. M

Newbie with 60 series lc

Yep, Pics! Specially I would be very happy to see some pics of that 60. What gearbox did you use? H55F? or went with an R series? Cheers.
  5. M

Looking inside a 1UZ ecu

Hey George! Are you saying that it's not possible to modify the values on stock ECUs?
  6. M

vvti 2uz with 98 vvti gs400 ecu and sensors

Ok he's got it running already. 4.7 with 1uz heads and control. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OUCNUHmfG7w Haven't seen it in person yet. .. but someday I'll bump into him.
  7. M

vvti 2uz with 98 vvti gs400 ecu and sensors

I know of a guy over here using the block of the 2uz with its crankshaft,not sure about the Pistons and rods but he is using complete 1uz heads and 1 uz control. Can't remember if it's vvti or not but he expects a lot of it. When it's done I'll get some pics and post them here
  8. M

Dry Sump

Hey Alan that's some really nice fabwork. I've got two questions 1-Does it work as expected? 2-(this is the stupid question) what is the advantage of a dry sump? I can think of the advantage for a 4wd on extreme angles. BTW I'm new to the forum, just getting to learn as much as I...
  9. M

Acetone .....

There was a long thread on a 4wd forum (all in spanish though) about acetone in those percentages, almost everyone got an improvment of about 8 to 10% on fuel economy. One of them even tried it secretly into his wife's car to see if fuel was an improvement and if she would feel a difference...
  10. M

2006 4x4 Hilux with 3uz

Amazing work! That 3UZ looks like it belongs there.
  11. M

Where are you located?

Funny thing about the Americas is that at least we are thaught there are 3. North (us can mex) Central America (from the border of Mexico to colombia without including them) and South from Colombia to Chile. But i do guess we might have more similarities to mexicans than to canadians...
  12. M

Introduction and a little question.

Ok thanks! Finally went with a 24240 ECU. Hopefully will get here by christmas or so.
  13. M

Where are you located?

Funny thing about the Americas is that at least we are thaught there are 3. North (us can mex) Central America (from the border of Mexico to colombia without including them) and South from Colombia to Chile. But i do guess we might have more similarities to mexicans than to canadians...
  14. M

Yep i after doing lots of searches to find my correct ecu part number i came out with 2 possible results. 89661-24220 05/91 - 12/93 89661- 24250. 05/91 -07/96 Now... which one is the real deal.... I'm not so sure. I just know is a 1st gen. Is there compatibility with any on the ones i...
  15. M

Well that seems to be the problem... finding the proper model I did a cross parts reference in toyodiy to find my ecu number (because the old sticker is no longer there) And found trough the TPS my ecu number since it would be the only one matching a 1UZ. Toyota Celsior 1989-94 (quite old)...
  16. M

Where are you located?

México? Part of South America? Interesting concept there haha.
  17. M

Hi Guys, I'm max, this is my first post in this great forum that i've been reading for a few months. I live all the way down in Chile in a small touristic town called "San pedro de Atacama" in the driest desert of this planet. I've been around Toyotas since I can remember, mainly Hiluxes...