Search results

1. P

1UZ swap for Porsche 911

Just make sure you have the time and money do all the work required. Otherwise, the sky is the limit. The Audi unit is pretty much the same as the early 944 trans. Cheap but still a great choice, in my opinion. I have the 911 under a cover in a sad shape of disassembly and it makes me nuts not...
  2. P

1UZ swap for Porsche 911

Encountered some snags over the past year (personal life, that sort of thing) and have not done much since my first overly enthusiastic post. So to recap: The mockup engine is bolted to the trans with the adapter plate and has been placed into the engine compartment for clearance issues. The...
  3. P

1UZ swap for Porsche 911

Kennedy Engineered Products in California (kennedyenginc.com) listed a Toyota to Porsche 915 adapter plate. They specialize in VW adapters for sand rails and the 915 has the same bolt pattern. They list it for Porsche. The higher revving capability is one of the features that made me decide...
  4. P

1UZ swap for Porsche 911

Now if I had a fat wallet, I could get this thing done in about 6 months by hiring out some of the work. But I'm just a family man with two daughters in college and will have to do 99% of the job. I will be fabricating, welding, sanding, painting, wiring, upholstering, rebuilding, and even doing...
  5. P

1UZ swap for Porsche 911

After learning the measurements of the 1UZ I knew I had a winner. So I grabbed one at the local boneyard for about 400 dollars and started fitting it up. Doing my own design work, most of the fabrication, and using off the shelf Hot Rod parts, I will be saving enough money over the “kits” to put...
  6. P

1UZ swap for Porsche 911

When I finally made the decision to leap into the abyss, I debated whether I should go old school with a carburetted small block chevy or do an LSx. I have a C5 corvette as my daily driver so I am comfortable with that. But then, where is the fun? The check-book hot rodders like to stick with...
  7. P

1UZ swap for Porsche 911

More than that- the rear flares are fiberglass and are starting to peel off, the front flares were welded on without trimming the inner fender lip out, and every time it rains the floor fills completely up. How much money would it take to restore it? You are car guys, you probably have a good...
  8. P

1UZ swap for Porsche 911

Let's see: It smoked like a brush fire when first started, the wiring was hacked so bad the turn signal stalk actually cause the lights to cut out, it would go dead at every stop light, the suspension pan was dangerously rusted through, the tires were like onion peels, there was no heat, no...
  9. P

1UZ swap for Porsche 911

Thanks for the good words. Whenever I excitedly tell people about this project they always give me that sideways look and wonder why anyone in their right mind would do something like that to a Holy Porsche. Well, it's just a car. I bought the car 8 years ago with stars in my eyes and had...
  10. P

1UZ swap for Porsche 911

I am putting the 1UZ into a 1977 Porsche 911S. I have been searching the internet to see if anyone has done this but have found nothing. So hey, I am declaring my project to be the first ever! This will be more of a complete car build rather than just an engine swap. I have already test fit...