Search results

1. ivan129

Wiring auto to wolf ECU

Thanks all sorted now. Turfed the Wolf and fitted a real ECU....Haltech. Oh what a difference!
  2. ivan129

Haltech and A341e

With all the looms to the trans disconnected the trans will still engage reverse when the shift is moved to reverse. If its low on trans fluid, that can make it lazy to pickup reverse. I found that with my trans after a shift kit install yonks ago. Added about another litre of trany fluid and...
  3. ivan129

Polyurethane Engine Mounts

Thanks. I thought that might be the case. I've made a new set of pipes and might struggle with room for the large diameter OEM rubber mounts.
  4. ivan129

Polyurethane Engine Mounts

Does anyone have experience using Polyurethane Engine mounts in place of OEM rubber mounts? I'm wanting to know whether Polyurethane mounts would transfer more engine noise and vibration through the car. Thanks
  5. ivan129

1UZFE idle too high.

Your problem definately sounds like a vacuum leak. Have you checked to make sure you don't have a split / perished injector grommet. You could try spraying some WD40 around. If it hits an area where there's a vacuum leak your idle should change.
  6. ivan129

Haltech and A341e

Sorry, I'm not familiar with the Haltech loom. I made my own to fit my elite 2500. Re-pinned a Wolf V550 loom to Haltech. I've found Haltech stuff to be pretty good, but hey they are just humans. I agree you should read close to 0V on DPO6 when the ign. is on. The reason why I say close to zero...
  7. ivan129

Haltech and A341e

Read your post again. The only switched 12V that comes from the ECU when the ignition is switched on to drive stuff, comes from the ECR. When the ign. is switched on, the ECU applies a Gnd via DPO6 (A25) to the ECR to operate it. The ECR in turn applies 12V to power things, injectors, ign...
  8. ivan129

Haltech and A341e

Are you refering to B25 & B26, (the DBW ops)? If so they must be configured and wired correctly.
  9. ivan129

Haltech and A341e

It would help us, to help you, if you could identify the ECU pin (name or number) that the grey and red wires are conneced to and what they are wired to. Not sure if this is part of your problem but.... HSD outputs use the Gnd as the common. Sensors, (CLT, IAT, etc) use the sensor Gnd as the...
  10. ivan129

Thread for A340E coolant adaptors

Allows for a closer fit
  11. ivan129

Bought some AN6 fittings today and can can confirm the threads are M14x1.5. Allows me to tuck the fittings in nice and close to the box.
  12. ivan129

Haltech and A341e

DBW 1 & 2 ops should be fine. They are 5A peak and 1A continous drive current. The hold current for those solenoids will be around 1A. Have you tried using the Haltech diagnostic menu to look at the state of the DBW 1 & 2 outputs and AVI input when selecting gears. I assume the PRND box connects...
  13. ivan129

Haltech and A341e

S1 & S2 have one side of their solenoids internally tied to chassis (Gnd) so to operate them you require a +ve voltage. From what I've read in the Toyota manual they can be operated using PWM signal but I saturate them with a fixed +12V. S3 & 4 have both side of the solenoid broken out to the...
  14. ivan129

Haltech and A341e

There should be no solenoids powered when in Park, Neutral or Reverse. Solenoids 1 & 2 are used for selecting gears 1 to 4. S3 is for TC lockup and S4 to reduce line pressure when shifting down gears.
  15. ivan129

Does any one know the thread of the metal adaptors that screw into the side of an A340E? They look like they a close to being M14 x 1.5 but a die doesn't seem to fit on the thread. I'm wanting to replace them with AN6 adaptor fittings. Thanks
  16. ivan129

Wanted 1UZ Spark Plug Wire comb/bracket needed!

I have both sides if interested and still looking. Located in Aus.
  17. ivan129

2uzfe cometic head gasket

The guys at cometic gaskets provide great support (I've emailed them and asked questions b4) so why not jump on their website, click on contact and send m an email with your question. They are head gasket experts.
  18. ivan129

1997 1uz-fe missing

You should be able to identify which cylinder/s are missing by lifting off the plug lead/s from each spark plug while the engine is idling. The one/s that have the least affect on engine idle is/are most likely the cylinder/s that are missing. Pull that plug/s and you should then notice the plig...
  19. ivan129

running out of juice

Yea, bigger is always better, i guess. If doesn't work, you could try the blow thru process. :):)
  20. ivan129

running out of juice

To prime the system, u could try a vaccuum cleaner connected to the tail pipe.