New Profile Posts

1. Holmsey
    Holmsey gloverman
    Hi not sure if this is a PM.. You said to PM you and you could give me some pointers where my wiring maybe wrong, to sort my iac fault. I do appreciate your help mate. My personal email is holmseyd@talktalk.net.. I keep asking Bushwacker but he rarely gets back to me.. Regards David Holmes
  2. Guillaume Jordaan
    Guillaume Jordaan
    Life is a song. Live it flat out
  3. d.p.n.s
    d.p.n.s autronic
    Hi...just a long shot but I don't suppose you still have the 1uz to ford type 9 adapter drawing ?
    If so anychance you could email me.
    d.p.n s@hotmail.com.

Thanks
    Dan
  4. Tiaan
  5. Tiaan
  6. victorgarage
    victorgarage George_R
    I need immo bypass for 3uzfe george..
    Please email me at victorgaragesmg@gmail.com
  7. M.Rad.
    M.Rad.
    Hi Gloverman, thanks for the quick reply. I was a moron and removed the ex. cams before reading the instructions and so didn't secure the gears. I saw a post (somewhere) that showed a guy who clamped the cam in a vise (on the flats) and used a screw driver and punch to line up the holes. Is that ok to do?

And it looks like I won't be putting this motor back together anyway-I found out today I've got bent intakes on #8, #6, &#2, so that probably means damaged pistons too. So it's time for a new motor. I posted about this on Club Lexus in the performance and maintenance section, if you want to take a look. I can't figure out why the belt would jump at less than 3k rpm, steady cruise, and only about 3 years since I installed a new one and all the goodies..
    Anyway, thank you again for your help.

Cheers,
    M.Rad.
  8. gloverman
    gloverman M.Rad.
    Hello

The split gears are really easy if you pin them before disassembly. Line up the cam timing as per normal and you will find the split gears will have a set of dots which align. Make note of these. Then you will find that there are some holes through one of the split halves with a 6mm thread in the other side of the gear. Fit a short M6 bolt which will stop the split gear moving and you and disassemble and reassemble as normal. Just remember to remove the M6 before running the engine.
  9. M.Rad.
    M.Rad. gloverman
    Hi Gloverman, I am in need of your advice. I am in the process of removing my cylinder heads ('97 1UZFE), and need instruction on how to re-align the intake and exhaust cams (especially the split gear exhaust cam). I have read a couple of poorly written explanations but they do more to confuse than enlighten me.
    I would greatly appreciate any assistance you could send my way.

Regards,
    M.Rad.
  10. argus1uzfe
    argus1uzfe Lextreme
    Dear Lex,

Good day. I hope all is well your side.

I write to you from Pakistan.

I am looking to source polished/ported heads for the following engines:

1. 1 x 1UZ-FE non VVTi out of an LS400 that I have swapped in my 1981 Mazda RX-7. Have also attached a roots type supercharger to it as of now. Picture attached.

2. 1 x 2UZ-FE. Is currently the stock/factory power plant in a 2010 model Toyota LandCruiser - this car has a custom exhaust job only.

Looking to make more power (we can never have enough, of course)

Interested in what products or custom job you may suggest for the above.

Thanks for your advice.

Best regards.

Ali Raza Gul

The Lube Shop

Cell +923060652518

E thelubeshop@outlook.com

FB www.facebook.com/thelubeshoppk
  11. Iggy
    Iggy
    IIf the money is right on the Tudor, I would grab it with both hands....
    I've looked on your site a few times, you are definitely the man to know.....

Surprisingly, their is almost no one making t bodies, I was going to produce a couple of body styles to sell on, but the market just isn't there.
    I had it in my mind to build a kit based on an mx5, but when you step back, the iva has killed the kit car industry.
    There is a c cab body on eBay now, its one of the 5 revenge ( Nick Butler ) bodies that was made.
    Cool looking body but he is asking too much for it, he had it up for £2000 but he now has a £1250 buy it now, I was going to offer £500, its creeping up to that and not meet the reserve.
    If there is anything you need, I might be able to help
    Iggy
  12. Iggy
    Iggy camaro68
    I did try to send you a PM yesterday, but I dont think it went across, I'm more or less in the same position as you.
    I dragged my T out of some bushes about 8 years ago, it was a rod, but most of the good bits were missing, it had a frontal and really was scrap, but I kept the registration and chassis number tried to salvage what I could.
    I'm now pensioned off work due to I'll health, so I have loads of time on my hand's to do whatever I can.
    I guess we are at the same level build wise, I have everything to complete the build apart from the rear axle.
    I'll keep you up to speed, but no pictures yet.
    Take care,
    Iggy
  13. camaro68
    camaro68 Iggy
    Sure did mate, have a look on my web site,
    www.sjperformanceengineering.co.uk
    there's a pic of the T bucket that I started to build way back in 2000, had to get rid of that one unfortunately. Have diff, engine,trans, for the new one so far. Have an option on a 23 tudor that's in a hedge, am in 2 minds about it, it's not a RPU but it's steel and has the title with it.
  14. Iggy
    Iggy camaro68
    Did you receive my reply PM, I'm not sure if I sent it or not.....
    Iggy
  15. Iggy
    Iggy BodgerBen
    Hello Ben, I was so impressed with your Scimitar build I've just gone and bought one.
    I will be picking it up next week, along with a vvt engine, I think your build thread is so comprehensive, I can't see that I have any real difficulties ahead of me, bar the wiring.
    I do have one or two questions, and hoping that you might be able to talk them through with me.
    I've had a Scimitar in the past, and absolutely loved it, but could never understand why anyone would put a RV8 in one, to me it seemed like a lot of work for very little gain, but the Lexus lump has loads of appeal, and twice the power of the ford.
    So if It's okay to contact you, or if you have any tips, it would be very much appreciated.
    Regards,
    Iggy
  16. George_R
    George_R
    Jim, try sending me a pm rather than visitor message
    The engine is too old for me , I never mess with such stuff
    However you can still look for it at Wilbo's page, or buy a CD / book from Japan. If you plan to work with these engines in future, the $25 that the cd's worth is nothing. If not, leave the engine for someone else
  17. sideshow
    sideshow George_R
    1JZ-GE CROWN JZS141 A/T 89661-30830

hey George do u know much about this ecu
    im trying to help the shop I used to ork at
    they sold a jzs141 non turbo 1j engine and ecu and loom
    the part number of ecu is that above

the problem is they sent the wrong auto
    the auto has a 6 pin plug for the solenoids
    which is normally 2 powers to trigger solenoid a and b

then im guessing 2 ign powers for lock up sol and line press sol

and it has 3 pin speedo sensor for dash
    and 3 pin sp2+ sp2- sensor for auto which u normally need to run thru module to get correct signal to ecu

now the engine loom has only a 3 pin plug for the solenoids
    just like the soarer and its sol 1 and sol 2 and sol 3

so im trying to figure out if the gearbox matches the ecu and engine
    and the loom is wrong
    or the loom matches engine and ecu and gearbox is wrong

basically do u know what solenoid wiring is like on a crown jzs141 1j non turbo
    is it a 3 pin plug or a 6 pin plug

thanks
    jim
  18. David L
    David L gloverman
    Have you ever done a KZH116 LWB auto AWD 1UZ conversion
  19. George_R
    George_R
    hey Jim!
    what's the ECU's part number? 89661-? I will most likely be able to bypass it
  20. sideshow
    sideshow George_R
    hey George
    I wired up an Australian mr2 3sge engine but it has an immobiliser
    the jap ecus didn't have immobiliser and the australain ones did
    but these are hard to find ecus as most have 3 plugs on the ecu
    the later ones which are aussie and some Japanese have 4 plugs on them

would u be able to bypass the immob on these ecus
    when I wired the ecu it would not start then I said to shop maybe it has immob
    so we rang totyota and they said yes it does
    so we fitted a jap spec ecu and repinned wire and I got it started
    but it doesn't run perfect on the jap spec ecu
    so im seeing what other options the shop has