Would you install fuel lines inside the cabin of the car, especially like this?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

SC400TT

Gang:

I want to start a new thread here that gets the opinions and thoughts of each of you on this subject:

Would you cross the firewall, and install fuel lines inside the cabin of your car?

I ran into an interesting situation...When I stripped my project car recently to sell all the tan interior parts and to prepare for the black interior swap, I found this, much to my horror:

improper_fuel_line_2_resize.jpg

Improper_Fuel_line_resize.jpg

This was not installed by me, and who did it is not important. So do not ask. But, I was flabbergasted to see that this was the way this company decided to install this fuel line...Instead of going to the rear corner of the fuel tank and connecting up from there. Personally, I think this is extremely dangerous, and I was quite disappointed that it was donethis way. What do you think? Am I over reacting? I don't think fuel lines should ever be run inside the cabin...How about you?

Ryan
My Relentless Pursuit of Perfection...

It used to be fairly common to bring mechanical fuel pressure gauges into the cabin, but since the advent of electronic gauges with remote senders, now I wouldn't even bring manifold pressure into the cabin.

No way would I run fuel lines through the cabin.

I have just finished an intercooler and piping for a customers Subaru WRX.
He has modified the fuel system with a rising rate regulator - plastic/nylon/teflon line to an in cab pressure gauge.

Just imagine what happens WHEN (not if) this line fractures or melts. the consequences can be fatal.

A previous customer had rubber fuel line to the pressure regulator in the engine compartment. When I advised that Earls braided teflon line should be used, his reply was " it's OK, every one does it like that"

Six months later his car burnt to the ground when this line split and sprayed fuel over the turbo. " Yes, I thought I could smell fuel for a few days".

I have 'nightmares' about cars becoming napalm bombs.
' Familiarity breeds contempt '.

Yeah, it pissed me off to realize that this company would cut corners so much as to create a potential firebomb out of my project. When I approached him on this by email, he verbally attacked me and blamed me and the "other" shops!! Unbelieveable. In fact, he did not even address the fuel line. He ignored it totally, as if he did not install it. But he did, along with the wiring and the relay. He called me names and said he wanted nothing to do with me anymore. I told him no problem, and that he would never touch my car again. He probably has a Banned friend or two that lurks on here that will alert him to this thread. That is OK. I am not concerned. I will make no public announcements of who he is, but that is not the reason I posted this thread. I wanted to see if I was over reacting by being upset about this. So, I aksed you all for your thoughts...

Ryan

Well,

Ryan without mentioning name we know who it is already. However, this is out right dangerous. It looks worst then my craftsmanship and I am a DIYer. Isn't is the same guy who made your headers? He is a fabricator right?

Doesn't Subaru run their fuel lines inside the car to keep them from getting crushed when some boner high centers the car trying to be Mr. Rally driver?

I can't believe some one ran some rubber **** lines inside the car like that, let alone a shop.