What type of signal does.....

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

turboteener

What type of signal does the 1UZ dizzy output? I am going to try and run the engine with megasuirt and use the stock dizzy to trigger the timing and fuel injection. Does it out put a hall effect signal or something else?

The distibutors do not output any signal. They merely distribute the HV.

The engine speed sensor is on the crank and outputs an inductive type output, which is completely different from a hall effect (or squarewave output).

That is what I meant. The pick up sends some sort of signal to the computer and I needed to know what it was. I would like to use the cam position sensors in the dizzy to run a Megasquirt unit. The dizzy does have cam position sensors in it right?

All I have is the engine, no computer or harness. I really need a service manual but haven't looked into buying one. Is there one on line somewhere?

The only thing inside the dizzy's is the rotor buttons. That is if you don't count a few bolts. They are devoid of points, hall effect sensors etc.

You need to get you signals from the crank angle sensor or cam position sensors.

The crank has a 12 tooth trigger and uses a reluctor sensor to send the info to the ECU. Behind each dizzy attached to the cam belt gear there is a "home" signal used for the sequential/multipoint injection, the dizzy home signals are 180 degrees apart and occur once each engine cycle ie every 2 crank revolutions. It is also a reluctor pickup.

Also u do realise the megasquirt is a fuel only ECU, and the megasquirt II has only 1 ignition output - no good for the twin dizzy setup on the 1UZ, u will need to use a coil pack (like the one on the Corvette) and not use the dizzies.

its easier to fit a microtech hehe and prob cheaper in the end

anyway here is how it works

crank signal
and 2 cam signals all are 2 wire sensors
theyre magnetic sort off so when the tooth goes past it sends a signal

im pretty sure this signal is a sine wave
when u run an autronic with a toyota dizzy u need a reluctor interface
this interface changes the signal from an analog sine wave to a digiyal square wave

basically use the crank sensor for a cylinder referance
and any of the cam sensors for a no1 reference or top dead centre reference

im not to sure how megasuirt calls their dizzy signals

but on an autronic u need to modify crank signals instead of 12 teeth on sensor you need 4 so you need 8 pulses every full cycle which is 2 full turns of crank

then u need 1 pulse on the cam sensor per full cycle which is 2 turns

the main reason for cam sensor is so u can have sequential firing

so any ecu out there that has either sequential injection
or has waste spark or sequential spark u need a cam sensor or a missing tooth type pulse on the crank